1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Nope thats good, my trip computer is currently sitting at a shade over 14mpg

2. MichaelAwkward

Mobster

Gave it a wash, wax, and polish.

[​IMG]

3. InvaderGIR

Capodecina

Pretty standard with the E30 really, this was my cab's returns...

[​IMG]

Today I fixed my highbeam telltale as it had broken, exciting stuff.

4. Blackhawk47

Capodecina

An Audi R8 does a tiny bit less than that...

My fuel consumption is bad enough but I don't think I could justify running an E30 as a daily with costs like that.

5. InvaderGIR

Capodecina

Even I'm not daft enough to run an old car as a daily, an only car yes, but not a daily.

I never really gelled with the cabriolet hence the fact I only covered 3500 miles in it. My Golf mk2 though has seen nearly 15,000 miles driven by me since Dec '13 and whilst it's not amazing on fuel at 32mpg average over those miles, it's not awful.

I don't need a car which is why I'm happy to only run older cars, if/when I need a daily though I'll get something modern, boring, sensible and reliable...I wouldn't run an mx5 and an e30 as my only cars if I needed to drive every day.

As for my high beam telltale replacement, I went from a tiny LED with a cap on it (originally it was a tiny bulb with a blue cap) to a large blue LED with some paint to tint / lower the brightness.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It might be a touch bright but it's similar to the previous tiny LED I had in there and I rarely have full beam on anyway as most of my night driving is around town / on the motorway with traffic about.

6. scaza

Hitman

Car washed, Wheels off and cleaned, calipers painted, mirrors plastidipped, arches waxoyled, wheel nuts sprayed back to black and then a quick polish.

I'm freezing.

7. geekman

Mobster

Watched it drive away for the last time. I got just over £2000 more than what I paid for it 30k miles ago but naturally I still feel like a part of me has been taken away :p Best car I've ever owned by far.

[​IMG]

8. no idea what

Sgarrista

Had it remapped.

[​IMG]

9. Vita

Capodecina

Why did you sell it geekman?

10. Acme

Caporegime

24MPG how I've been driving it is excellent. I was really surprised. I was expecting sub 20! Its the least economical E30 I think, 325i touring. I think even the E30 M3 gets better MPG.

Today I went and collected some genuine optional 15" basketweave BBS' with centre caps, and a full leather comfort interior in black with no rips or tears, recently re-coloured.

Fitted all of it bar the door cards which I'm going to do tomorrow. Also bought a couple of replacement plastic bits. :)

Expensive day.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  11. Skillmister

Capodecina

Daily mpg updates again, brill

12. geekman

Mobster

Just fancied a change - I've had X350s for over 4 years and I want to try something else. It also needed 4 new tyres, an engine service and a gearbox service which would have cost around €2000 in total, so I thought I'd put it up at a speculative price and see if anyone wanted it, and if not I'd get the work done and keep it for a while longer. Turns out 3 different people were willing to buy it so I was happy to make a decent profit and dodge a few bills at the same time.

13. Acme

Caporegime

Only this time because I said I'd report back with an actual figure when I fill up. And today I filled up.

14. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

I hope that your current employer is willing to get you a good deal on something exotic? :D

I'll miss that car, I felt like David Cameron when I sat in the back!

15. Acme

Caporegime

You're like david cameron in many ways. :D

16. geekman

Mobster

He said I should get a Quattroporte until I reminded him how his 430s spend more time in the garage than on the road :p I've got no idea what I'll get yet but it'll almost certainly be something that makes OCUK explode with OMG you can't run that without a warranty!!!1!!1!!11 :p

17. mjt

Capodecina

My money's on CL600, S65L AMG, 760Li or W12 Phaeton/A8 :p

18. geekman

Mobster

Scary how well you lot know me :D

19. hux

Wise Guy

Swearing at it mostly, rear pads need doing and possibly discs so lots of gentle driving for the next few days until I get the bits.

It is french mind.

20. T0pPredator

Gangster

Thats some serious profit on the Jag, how did you manage that? Good buying?