What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Why did you sell it geekman?

Just fancied a change - I've had X350s for over 4 years and I want to try something else. It also needed 4 new tyres, an engine service and a gearbox service which would have cost around €2000 in total, so I thought I'd put it up at a speculative price and see if anyone wanted it, and if not I'd get the work done and keep it for a while longer. Turns out 3 different people were willing to buy it so I was happy to make a decent profit and dodge a few bills at the same time.

Soldato
Just fancied a change - I've had X350s for over 4 years and I want to try something else. It also needed 4 new tyres, an engine service and a gearbox service which would have cost around €2000 in total, so I thought I'd put it up at a speculative price and see if anyone wanted it, and if not I'd get the work done and keep it for a while longer. Turns out 3 different people were willing to buy it so I was happy to make a decent profit and dodge a few bills at the same time.
I hope that your current employer is willing to get you a good deal on something exotic? :D

I'll miss that car, I felt like David Cameron when I sat in the back!

Soldato
I hope that your current employer is willing to get you a good deal on something exotic? :D

I'll miss that car, I felt like David Cameron when I sat in the back!

He said I should get a Quattroporte until I reminded him how his 430s spend more time in the garage than on the road :p I've got no idea what I'll get yet but it'll almost certainly be something that makes OCUK explode with OMG you can't run that without a warranty!!!1!!1!!11 :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
He said I should get a Quattroporte until I reminded him how his 430s spend more time in the garage than on the road :p I've got no idea what I'll get yet but it'll almost certainly be something that makes OCUK explode with OMG you can't run that without a warranty!!!1!!1!!11 :p
My money's on CL600, S65L AMG, 760Li or W12 Phaeton/A8 :p

hux

hux

Soldato
Swearing at it mostly, rear pads need doing and possibly discs so lots of gentle driving for the next few days until I get the bits.

It is french mind.

Caporegime
Simplistic and elegant /= plain.

Interested to see how they look when fitted! I do like that style. I do also like the style you currently have, but they are about an inch too big for my taste. :p

Soldato
They're plain but I like how beefy they look on the z4.

Currently it's on 19s those are 18 so will be interesting. They need refurb as finish is tired but I'm going either black or gun metal. Still to decide. Including some beefy rubber and maybe spacers..

Soldato
They're not going to be silver I can tell you that lol, going to be dark as that's the look I'm chasing.

Beefy stance with fat rubber.

Sorta this..

6662014705_2575629a18_b.jpg

Soldato
Thats some serious profit on the Jag, how did you manage that? Good buying?

Pretty much. I took a bit of a risk buying it as the ad was light on detail and the seller didn't seem to know a whole lot about it, although at £4300 I knew it was a bargain regardless. I reckon at the time it was worth about £1000 more than that and prices have gone up about £1000 since then so I guess it was a combination of luck and judgement.

Back
Top Bottom