1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. grudas

Capodecina

[​IMG]

bought a set of Z4M alloys! mazda 3 is the perfect truck :D

2. Clarkey

Capodecina

Wow, they must be without doubt the most plain jane wheel ever put on an M car? Looks like something off a base model.

3. Acme

Caporegime

Simplistic and elegant /= plain.

Interested to see how they look when fitted! I do like that style. I do also like the style you currently have, but they are about an inch too big for my taste. :p

4. grudas

Capodecina

They're plain but I like how beefy they look on the z4.

Currently it's on 19s those are 18 so will be interesting. They need refurb as finish is tired but I'm going either black or gun metal. Still to decide. Including some beefy rubber and maybe spacers..

5. Blackhawk47

Capodecina

Edit

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  6. Acme

Caporegime

Not black please for the love of God, that style has to be some shade of silver, gunmetal at an absolute push. :p

7. grudas

Capodecina

They're not going to be silver I can tell you that lol, going to be dark as that's the look I'm chasing.

Beefy stance with fat rubber.

Sorta this..

[​IMG]

8. Acme

Caporegime

Yeah that looks good. Aside from being higher at the front than the back. :)

9. Uther

Capodecina

I'd go gunmetal.

10. badgeruk

Wise Guy

They look familiar :cool:

Also plain equals best wheels with the added bonus of being easy to clean.

11. geekman

Mobster

Pretty much. I took a bit of a risk buying it as the ad was light on detail and the seller didn't seem to know a whole lot about it, although at £4300 I knew it was a bargain regardless. I reckon at the time it was worth about £1000 more than that and prices have gone up about £1000 since then so I guess it was a combination of luck and judgement.

12. T0pPredator

Gangster

Well done, they really are a bargain for what they are tbh. Interesting that they're on their way back up.

13. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

Noticed another rattle from the engine bay, pulled the airbox out and noticed that the two leads going from the pas xenon ballast were tapping against the case of the Eventuri at idle rpm.

Tucked those in nicely, gave that general area a wipe down as it was a bit dusty and job's a good'n.

Now, back to watching Bosch :D

14. Dis86

Capodecina

Noticed when I've washed mine how water pools at the base of the rear window. And I mean pools - it's like an inch deep.

Anyways, had looked and couldn't see any drainage holes so just assumed 'meh design'. That was until I was taking some shopping out today and noticed a few small stones in the seal. There under 1 of them was a drain slot. Turns out there's 3 but they are really shallow and just fill up with crap really easily. Very meh design!

15. shauncr91

Capodecina

Took the GT86 for a blast over Emley Moor and down the Woodhead Pass, nice clear roads for a Sunday.

[​IMG]

16. grudas

Capodecina

yup going gun metal :) also ordered a set of eagle f1's :o

haha ;)

yeah they do look easy to clean, current CSL's are not bad either tbf.

17. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Popped up to the first RWYB of the year at Santa Pod.

Way to cold and damp to run any sort of times, couldn't get below 13.9s with a 2.3second 60ft, somewhat pap compared to the 13.4 and 1.85 60ft. Does mean the potential is there to get into the 12.xx region with some decent weather

18. Demon

Soldato

Went to check the tyre pressures on the M3, only to realise that I needed to remove the low profile usb car charger from the accessory socket.. not so easy, I ended up using a plastic trim removal tool to gently lever it out..

So I modelled and 3D printer a little gadget to allow me to remove the low profile usb charger.. 10 minuted of modelling, an hour to print..

Just two semi-circular bits..
    [​IMG]

With an elastic band just allow it to easily go over the Aukey charger and you can pull it out with ease..
    [​IMG]

19. Phemo

Soldato

Simple but pretty damn cool :) Those things are tricky to remove otherwise.

Today I serviced the S-Max. Oil, oil filter, pollen filter and air filter changed. The pollen filters on those things are absolutely ridiculous to get to. It's in the passenger footwell but you have to remove the fuse box to get to it which is on a hinge. Even when the fuse box tray is unhooked you can barely see what you're doing so it's an absolute nightmare. I presume it would be much easier on the LHD models but Ford couldn't be bothered to make any changes for RHD ones.

20. flinco

Wise Guy

Flushed the power steering fluid system with 1 litre of fresh CHF11 fluid.

The slight whine I was getting when parking with large steering input has gone.

The dark liquid is what 113k mile old power steering fluid looks like. The fresh stuff is clear green. I'm going to up the ratio of fresh to old by putting another litre in later in the week.

[​IMG]