What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Hit a tree…
Wind had brought down branches and part of a tree on the A1, just managed to swerve and clipped a branch, smashing my mirror glass.

Good job I’ve got a spare in the garage.

Soldato
Got a new car last week but although immaculate everywhere else the steering wheel was a bit shiny:

YDeoYS4.jpg

Some Gliptone liquid leather has got it back to looking new again:
gxHwC1V.jpg

Associate
Oil/filter change, more progress towards being back on the road! Trying to find some replacement lips for the three piece wheels as some doughnut drilled the valve hole too close to the mating surface so sealing them is basically impossible!

Associate
Yes a sapphire blue 991.2 Carrera convertible. I had a Taycan before, but now I have an ID Buzz the Taycan was a bit too practical to be a weekend car. Plus *shhhh* electric cars are a bit boring to drive.
I have a m8 who has just swapped a Taycan for a new shaped Vantage (had a 911 previously and loved it, think the Taycan wasnt quite what he wanted) - im not a fan of electric stuff but the Buzz looks great, watched a few reviews from The Late Brake show on it. What do you think?

Caporegime
Bled the front brakes on the Alto
Charged the battery
Cleaned some mould off the passenger seat
Re-attached the front numberplate with the factory bolts

Soon I'll be able to drive it... Only got it what, over 2 months ago. :p

Soldato
Got a new car last week but although immaculate everywhere else the steering wheel was a bit shiny:

YDeoYS4.jpg

Some Gliptone liquid leather has got it back to looking new again:
gxHwC1V.jpg

Me likey. Will have to try this as an alternative to steam + clean.

Edit: which Gliptone product did you use? Liquid leather seems to be a product range

Last edited:
Soldato
Minories Carpark, those who have parked there on the upper levels will probably know of the rather narrow bends and protruding kerbs as you go down :mad:

All for the sake of £4.50 parking for the whole day :o

Congrats, you’ve just told everyone you can’t drive properly :p

Nor can I because I recently had a fight with a curb in my 135i and lost :(

Man of Honour
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Front Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
  • Rear Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Inevitable catching up with the Navara :( need to find someone who can do it properly really but they are all quite a distance from me, guy around the corner who'll do Lanoguard but I'm not a fan personally - just tends to seal the rust in without doing much to address it.

On 140K miles so had a good run out of it though (EDIT: Don't even want to think how much I've spent in fuel on it).

Dealer has some nice 21 plate ones but they don't really compare to the 3L V6 :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom