what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
Just ordered HD600!

I love my K712, but i have had to annoyingly live with the comfort issues, I have a small head and they start to slip down my head very slowly until they hang from my ears :( such a shame. Im sure for normal head size the K712 will be fine.

Soldato
Arghh sadly I've messed my hearing up. Years of loud music will do that. Have not lost anything but my tinnitus has changed in tone and pitch and is more frequent and obvious and now in both ears. I'm someone who loves listening loud, I knew the possible risk and I don't regret it but my other hobbies are wildlife photography and tracking and tracking certain birds by sound would be difficult without my hearing!

I was actually planning on buying some more stuff but I feel that it's going to make things worse. I've got my Audeze headphones and retraining my ears to adjust to much lower volumes to see if the T stays stable.

I know the feeling, I have mega tinnitus from 15 years of headphone use... not good, but I like headphones so what can you do.

Last edited:
Soldato
I couldn't agree more, loving mine more and more :D Would love to compare them to some Audeze, or even the TH-900's, which are apparently better than the TH-X00.

I read the TH900 are more V shaped and have spiky treble.. so maybe better for short sessions but possibly worse for normal use etc. recessed mid and spiky treble is bad... the THX00 has less recessed mid and smoother treble.

Soldato
Hi, I'm rids57 and I'm an addict :D

Just bought a pair of Sony MDR-1A to add to the collection, which now sits at....

Sennheiser HD650
AKG K702
Sony MDR-100AAP
Sony MDR-1A
Fidue A73
RHA MA750
Rock Jaw Alfa Genus
Havi B3 Pro1

plus Beyer DT990, Sony MDR-V6 and Senn PX100s that have been relegated to the cupboard.

Soldato
I've been considering getting the memory foam / gel pads for the K702s from Thomman - do you think it's worthwhile considering they already have the bass port open so have quite a bit of bass already?

Soldato
Hi, I'm rids57 and I'm an addict :D

Just bought a pair of Sony MDR-1A to add to the collection, which now sits at....

Sennheiser HD650
AKG K702
Sony MDR-100AAP
Sony MDR-1A
Fidue A73
RHA MA750
Rock Jaw Alfa Genus
Havi B3 Pro1

plus Beyer DT990, Sony MDR-V6 and Senn PX100s that have been relegated to the cupboard.

What you should do is flog most of those and get 2 or 3 high end headphones.

Soldato
Why?
The HD650 are as good as anything outside of silly money.
The AKG K702 are one of the best gaming headphones on the planet, which is what they are used for exclusively.
My Sony MDR-100AAP are for use with my FiiO X1
I've got the Sony MDR-1As as bass canons for bass centric music.
The IEMs are for mobile use.

So no, unless I was to get Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD800S and Noble K12 I wouldn't have the versatility I have now and those three are WAY out out of reach of my budget even if I sold everything else.

Soldato
Got the HD600 today, so so so lush. Such an easy relaxed listen and the imaging is so good.

Comparing to the K712 the most striking difference is the sound stage the K712 has such a huge soundstage vs the HD600.

THe K712 is also very very good, I think the HD600is just a tiny tiny bit better for music. I have to sell them now as they dont fit my head :(

I now have

HD600 for music at home and gaming
MSR7 for the office

Soldato
Why?
The HD650 are as good as anything outside of silly money.
The AKG K702 are one of the best gaming headphones on the planet, which is what they are used for exclusively.
My Sony MDR-100AAP are for use with my FiiO X1
I've got the Sony MDR-1As as bass canons for bass centric music.
The IEMs are for mobile use.

So no, unless I was to get Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD800S and Noble K12 I wouldn't have the versatility I have now and those three are WAY out out of reach of my budget even if I sold everything else.

Well do what you want, but keep HD650 and K702 then and get some TH X00 instead of the MDR 1A and MDR100AAP, or SRH 1540 are good as well but TH X00 are more impressive than the 1540.

Soldato
Nope, I'm happy with what I have thank you very much :p

Neither the TH-X00 nor the Shures can be regarded as portable and I have my desk setup already sorted with the HD650 for music and AKG K702 for gaming.

I'm really not interested in the audio arms race, what I have is more than good enough for my less than perfect hearing and spending large amounts of money on very minor improvements in sound quality is rather low on my agenda.

ps. besides, I don't have the patience to pay Massdrop for something and then wait months for it to be delivered (if it doesn't get stuck in customs).

Last edited:
Associate
Some folks just prefer multiple headphones. I'm the opposite I really can only have one for each. Gaming you can't really get better unless you pay £600 plus for some HD800 and that's used.

The 650 is a high end headphone. People get caught up in price but in reality the price of headphones is getting really silly. I paid £699 for my LCD-2 and I feel they are worth it when I compare them to other planars like the Hifiman HE and LCD-3 and LCD-X. The 650 is easily £500-1K in performance minus bass quality and extension.

The Fostex models have always favs of mine, all those types of drivers are great. The TH900 I tried was disappointing in the midst and treble roughness but the bass was fantastic. The D7000 is prob my all time favourite closed headphone.

Soldato
I used to prefer the HD600 but the 650 just has something special about its sound.

i think id like either, The problem with me is im doing this hobby on a very tight budget, i have bought all my headphones used apart from the MSR7.

I can only afford one good pair for home so i sell the ones i have to upgrade.

The HD600 i got for £125 and the HD650 is more in the £160 range used.

Soldato
Nope, I'm happy with what I have thank you very much :p

Neither the TH-X00 nor the Shures can be regarded as portable and I have my desk setup already sorted with the HD650 for music and AKG K702 for gaming.

I'm really not interested in the audio arms race, what I have is more than good enough for my less than perfect hearing and spending large amounts of money on very minor improvements in sound quality is rather low on my agenda.

ps. besides, I don't have the patience to pay Massdrop for something and then wait months for it to be delivered (if it doesn't get stuck in customs).

Ok no problems... just saying for your "bass cannon" category, you could do better, for the "gaming" and "general use" you are sorted with HD650 and K702. The momentums are pretty nice portables as are the NAD HP50, both are pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom