what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Man of Honour
I would not dare want more bass now on a headphone. The 650 just feels "right" and natural. not like being in a concert or wedding reception bassy, but authentic and ultimately pleasant.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Any songs in particular? I listen to various albums in that genre and have nothing but total enjoyment of them. In particular, Bonobo, Awolnation, Fat Freddy's Drop, Glass Animals, James Blake and Fever Ray.

Soldato
Its pointless unless you have others to compare to, HD650 are good but try Fostex and you will see what I mean about electronic music. The TH X00 are extremely good for that type of music. I would say the best before you get to LCD2 etc. which I have not heard but from reviews etc.

Soldato
Actually these Sony MDR-1As really do sound rather good for a fraction of the price of the TH-X00 and a real bonus is they are probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn.

They are obviously not going to be as resolving as the Fostex but that's not why I bought them, they are predominantly fun headphones and that's how they will be used. If they pick up the odd knock or scuff I'm not going to have a meltdown, while if I marked those gorgeous wooden cups on the TH-X00 the tantrum would be spectacular.
If I want to sit down and do some critical listening I'll slap the HD650s on - win win :)

Associate
I've heard the open ether and the guys on SBAF mentioned that the open is better than the closed. The open had really bad bass texture and it felt sloppy. Reminded me of the HD650's bass with less impact.

Soldato
i think id like either, The problem with me is im doing this hobby on a very tight budget, i have bought all my headphones used apart from the MSR7.

I can only afford one good pair for home so i sell the ones i have to upgrade.

The HD600 i got for £125 and the HD650 is more in the £160 range used.

Nothing wrong with (lightly) used headphones.

Speakers and headphones are a good thing to get used as long as they are close to new condition. A lot of people decide they don't like them and you can get them new condition for about 30% off.

I would not want heavily used headphones all covered in hairs and gunk and worn out etc. though. But there are a lot of almost new ones about.

Soldato
Still rocking my Sennheiser HD202. Can't fault them at all. For a cheap pair they've worn well and sound really good compared to other cheap headphones.

I'm using them more and more these days, what's a worthwhile upgrade for £100? The only headphones I've experienced in this price range are the Senn HD25-1 II's I spec'd for a DJ friend a while ago.

Soldato
DT 770 Pro 80hm

Very happy with it,well worth the price..i just wish they had a detachable wire so you can replace it with a shorter one as the current is very long and dont like the idea of Cable ties to shorten it. :/

Soldato
I've had mine for probably 7 years, if not longer. The foam headband is flaking a bit but they work perfectly. Think I paid £29 for them and can't think of another cheap set I've heard that sound as good.

Associate
AKG K701s with Epiphany 02 amp and 02 dac. Sadly Epiphany has ceased trading but luckily the equipment is all still in good working order.

Might get a second pair of decent headphones in the near future, struggling to decide between Sennheiser HD650 and Beyerdynamic DT 770s.

Man of Honour
Surprised no one (that I could see) is producing the O2 to sell in the UK as its a relatively easy design to build and very good performance.

Back
Top Bottom