what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

About to order the Fiio K11 R2R now that it's available on Amazon UK. £149 and the reviews so far seem raving, the consensus is that for the money it is unbeatable, 1300mW at 32ohm is pretty crazy and R2R with FPGA architecture.

With hype like that, I have to hear it for myself at this price.

About to order the Fiio K11 R2R now that it's available on Amazon UK. £149 and the reviews so far seem raving, the consensus is that for the money it is unbeatable, 1300mW at 32ohm is pretty crazy and R2R with FPGA architecture.

I really like the original K11. My only complaint is that I don't like every control being through the click wheel/display. I prefer the old fashioned switches on the Fiio K5 Pro to quickly change input or gain. Still this does look like a nice unit to buy. I do remember a Fiio representative saying when the Fiio K11 was coming out that they were replacing all the old K5, K7, K9 units over the next few years. With the K11 being the new K5 and so on.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk

Just be aware that 1300Mw is only for the balanced output sadly, its half that for the 6.35mm.

Yeah I'm fully aware, I use balanced anyway!

Although a message from the seller just now:

Thank you for shopping with us. Amazon seller Advanced MP3 Players has encountered an unexpected problem with completing your order.---Message from seller Advanced MP3 Players:Thank you for the order. Unfortunately due to a stock discrepancy our K11 stock is actually the standard version, not the R2R. If you would like to continue with the order we can send you a K11 standard plus a partial refund of £40, meaning you'd get the £30 difference back plus an additional £10 courtesy refund. Please let us know ASAP if this is acceptable and if not please request a cancellation. We apologise for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

No K11 R2R then for a while.

Last edited:
Is anyone here really good at repairing headphones, I have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum's and only the left side works.

That is the side the cable goes in so Im guessing there is a loose connection somewhere between the two sides maybe but i have no idea.

I have semi taken both sides apart to inspect for anything obvious like a wire broken free from solder but I cant see anything.

Last edited:
The price of the Arya Stealth has dropped to £510 again and I couldn't help myself. I've been holding out for a pair of the HE1000 Stealth but can't deal with the £800 plus price difference for marginal gains. This I think is the end of my audio spending for quite some time but these should go well with my Holo Audio Cyan II R2R NOS DAC and Violectric V222 amp and be the final addition to my stable of headphones. Happy ears = Happy me. :D

The price of the Arya Stealth has dropped to £510 again and I couldn't help myself. I've been holding out for a pair of the HE1000 Stealth but can't deal with the £800 plus price difference for marginal gains. This I think is the end of my audio spending for quite some time but these should go well with my Holo Audio Cyan II R2R NOS DAC and Violectric V222 amp and be the final addition to my stable of headphones. Happy ears = Happy me. :D

Ummm, quite temped myself, I also have been on the look out for the HE1000 Stealth but doesn't seem to be any price drop on them anywhere.

I'm very tempted by the Arya's after trying them several times. The problem for me is HiFiMans quality control. I think it is exaggerated how bad it is, but a half a grand headphone with only a 1 year warranty worries me.

I'm very tempted by the Arya's after trying them several times. The problem for me is HiFiMans quality control. I think it is exaggerated how bad it is, but a half a grand headphone with only a 1 year warranty worries me.
They do offer a repair service, a friend sent a pair off before and even received 2 pairs back.

Gadget insurance?

There's also insurance you can take out via amazon.

Last edited:
You could always order a new pair and return the broken one. I'm joking of course, but it reminds me of when I was changing pads on my Sundara and the serial number stickers inside the cups just fell off. If I had to use the warranty I might've been screwed with no serial number on the headphone.

If anyone was looking at the Onix Alpha XL1 then I'm putting mine on the MM as the Arya will be staying put powered by the Topping so rather than keep the XL1 as a spare and gather dust, may as well put it to good use with someone else:

The fiio K11 R2R looks excellent value if it's as good as they say.
Yes soon as the UK stock is back in on Amazon I will be ordering again.

Last edited:
Thought id update my list from previously

My current headphones are now the DT 1990 Pro Customs
I still have the Tygr 300r Headphones, but also in my collection i have the Amiron Home and the Hifiman sundara

Yes i got a little carried away... all powered by my Schiit Bifrost 2 (now upgraded to 64) and Asgard 3

Thought id update my list from previously

My current headphones are now the DT 1990 Pro Customs
I still have the Tygr 300r Headphones, but also in my collection i have the Amiron Home and the Hifiman sundara

Yes i got a little carried away... all powered by my Schiit Bifrost 2 (now upgraded to 64) and Asgard 3
Still dreams of getting a Bifrost 2/64, but it's 700 smackers.

I do have some free funds on the credit card.... Umming and ahhing :o

Looking back i bought my stuff three years ago, Asgard 3, Bifrost 2, Loki Mini+ and cables. Now connected to my PC as my only audio source.

Bought the 2/64 card last year, took my ears a little getting used to initially with my 1900 Pro's, but its all good. Need to give my Amiron's and Sundara's a go with some decent audio. I have both Spotify and Apple Music, but maybe a trial of the other music platforms might be better?

The Voarmaks are cheap, but they do not look or feel cheap, the stock hifiman ones are the ones that both look and feel cheap.
The Voarmaks pads arrived, they do feel a lot nicer than the stock pads. I noticed that they create a much tighter seal so when you put them on you can briefly feel the air pressure increase. It's a slight worry as planar drivers are supposed to be fragile, and I remember reading that people have broken them before by putting headphones on too quickly and pressing them against the ear.

Back
Top Bottom