what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

I don't see how anyone can break them by doing that, the entire planar driver is free-flow for air, hold the cup up to a window and you can literally see through it, what you're feeling when putting them on is static pressure on the inner cup before the fabric layer, that won't reach the planar driver anyways and the driver itself resonates with much higher velocity when being listened at high volume anyway.

You can break them by letting the cups smack against your head or even blowing on them too hard. The mylar diaphragm may be so thin you can see through it but it is still very resistive to air, otherwise it wouldn't be much use as a diaphragm and as it is connected all around it's perimeter to the baffle it creates a sealed system. So be careful out there folks.
I've spent the last five hours listening to music through my system and I think the Arya Stealth is a very close to perfect match as far as my ears can tell, with the HoloAudio Cyan II R2R NOS DAC and the Violectric V222 amp. The holographic soundstage, detail and natural timbre of the DAC and the slight warmth and powerful bass of the amp are passed along really well resulting in a great sounding pair of headphones.
I saw one of you added 3yr insurance to the Arya so I just went into my account and did the same - it's all well and good playing the reliability lottery with HiFiMAN but I think £55 is worth three years peace of mind.

These Voarmaks pads really do put the stock pads to shame, and only £16.73 too compared to £79 for the stock pads. It's strange that HiFiMan put so much consideration into the comfort of the headphone, then got lazy at the final hurdle with the pad materials.

You can break them by letting the cups smack against your head or even blowing on them too hard. The mylar diaphragm may be so thin you can see through it but it is still very resistive to air, otherwise it wouldn't be much use as a diaphragm and as it is connected all around it's perimeter to the baffle it creates a sealed system. So be careful out there folks.
I've spent the last five hours listening to music through my system and I think the Arya Stealth is a very close to perfect match as far as my ears can tell, with the HoloAudio Cyan II R2R NOS DAC and the Violectric V222 amp. The holographic soundstage, detail and natural timbre of the DAC and the slight warmth and powerful bass of the amp are passed along really well resulting in a great sounding pair of headphones.
I saw one of you added 3yr insurance to the Arya so I just went into my account and did the same - it's all well and good playing the reliability lottery with HiFiMAN but I think £55 is worth three years peace of mind.
How do you add 3 year insurance to it for £55?

Yup I keep telling people hifiman earpads are absolute trash and for a mere £16-£20 they can have superior pads :cool:

Even the £6000 Susvara have the same rubbish pads. Boggles the mind, I bet Hifiman simply have a contract with the maker of those pads that states they can only ship headphones with those pads for x amount of years or whatever.

Edit*
Forgot to say my Nano sold on eBay, made use of the 80% final value fee offer from last weekend and they sold today for just over £280. Lower than the 350 I was aiming for but better than hanging onto them for longer and losing more in value going forwards I guess.

Last edited:
I will not be smacking planars against my head thanks!
No need for the sarky response - I just meant that if while putting them on normally the cup slipped and contacted the head under the power of the spring headband, the fast build up of pressure can be enough to tear the diaphragm.

These Voarmaks pads really do put the stock pads to shame, and only £16.73 too compared to £79 for the stock pads. It's strange that HiFiMan put so much consideration into the comfort of the headphone, then got lazy at the final hurdle with the pad materials.

How do you add 3 year insurance to it for £55?
I went into returns and orders and in the box for the headphones there was an option on the right to add insurance

I have changed the insurance to the Amazon one now, read the fine print on my pro insurance and that has a £100 excess on any claim for non photographic accessories, so even if it's £3 a month extra to insure, the £100 excess o makes the Amazon £54 3 year warranty more logical.

I was just looking to register my Aryas on the HiFiMAN website and it says it only covers items bought from official stores or authorised dealers and Amazon isn't on their list even though they have an official store on there. So as these are purchased direct from Amazon any one year warranty should be through them?

I was just looking to register my Aryas on the HiFiMAN website and it says it only covers items bought from official stores or authorised dealers and Amazon isn't on their list even though they have an official store on there. So as these are purchased direct from Amazon any one year warranty should be through them?
Yes it'll be amazon. The retailer has to cover the first 12 months warranty regardless.

Just had my first listen of the Ayra's and hot damn they're stunning. Even on stock pads.
Edit. Just to add... They're mega comfortable.

Playing Khazad-dûm by Howard Shore (LOTR OST) and I am in awe. Running of the Qudelix 5K in balanced and I still have 16dB of headroom to spare at normal listening vol.

I added a - 6dB pre gain, PEQ Bass shelf of 100Hz +7.0dB 0.35Q and that fills in the low end just lovely for me.

Last edited:
That's quite the playlist mrk, cheers. Will dig into them over the next few days.

Btw I have the upgraded pads you listed but I'll hold fire before I use them... I'll get used to these first so It'll give me something to reference them to.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
The Fiio K11 R2R isn't in UK stock until end of September now apparently. Bit of a wait, but I'm really pleased with how the Topping MX3S is powering them, high gain (+19dB) at 57% on the dial is very loud, and onboard tone controls adjusted +3 for bass and +2 for treble to add some additional warmth that I like.

I'm still amazed they dropped the ball with the DX3 Pro+ which had missing features and poor QC.

I'll see how it goes through Sept and if I still have the itch then will order the R2R to check it out.

Correct, I am a literal madman. But with the Topping this signature works really well with them in combo with the low bass lift
:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom