What is in my garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
:eek: I live a few miles out of town (Angus Scotland) in the middle of nowhere.

For the past few nights when I have been out for a cig, I have heard a deep breathing sound coming from the woods next to my house.
My wife didnt believe me until tonight when she heard it for herself, and ran inside! . I have tried to record the breathing on my vid cam but cannot hear it when I play it back, even though it is easily heard outside.

You cant hear it during the day. Also my cats are spooked!!

I dont have a big torch so I am not going any closer to it!!

I might have a look in the AM before work. We usually have an owl or deer etc but nothing like this before.

What to do?????

Associate
OP
Dont Badgers run off if they here people??

cos this thing doesnt it just keeps heavy breathing!! (right at the tree line)

No scratching noises just breathing

doggers LMAO

Associate
OP
checked the badger link... no joy

I will take a look in the morning and let you know.. If I make it back!

I did have one of those uber powerful torches but the blimin battery wont charge. If I get a decent recording of the breathing I will post a link

Associate
OP
I live a few miles outside Montrose. Nearest neighbour is a mile away. Didnt think of a big cat
I just went out again and can hear it as someone standing behind me but cant get it on tape...

never heard anything like this before.. the sound doesnt change and if you approach the sound, it seems to come from a diff direction. I also dont hear anything moving

Associate
OP
I will find out what it is, and post either image or sound. Hopefully it wont bite!
weird my cats (domestic) are spooked tho..
super night vision on my camera is pants (blair witch style)

Associate
OP
Still alive :D

Had a quick look in the woods this morning before work but cant see or hear anything

I will try and edit my recordings and boost the breathing bits

Doofer that was pretty close to what I am hearing but it is slower than that.

Going to go for it tonight and find out what it is. I found out that in 1998 there was a big cat sighting across the valley from my house :eek:

Associate
OP
The breathing is defo not me!! :eek:

The block noise is my make shift broom boom mic

Its raining now so will take a look again tomorrow
Still havent a clue what it is :confused:

Associate
OP
I dont think it could be a hedgehog, as I can hear it as soon as I get outside. The tree line is about 30-40 ft from my door

I will take a look again in daylight

shouting, hand clapping etc and it stops for a sec then starts again. It is louder than the recording suggests

Associate
OP
I dont really want to put food out as it would encourage it to stay

The field on the other side of our house has had sheep put in it today, so If I see any missing/dead then, whatever it is has big teeth

Associate
OP
Nope no stone noises

My zillion candle torch is bust and the spare torch is a loaned spiderman useless thing. Otherwise I would take a closer look, but the slope is really steep and its wet out there

Associate
OP
I had a good look this morning and there is no noise or sign of any animal.

I can say it will 100% be back tonight.. I like the group idea, and have some friends coming round on Sunday. One of them is a game keeper so may know what it is

Associate
OP
Er in doors has decided to call the spca this morning who are sending a badger expert round later this week.. They havent heard the recording yet and I am not convinced its a badger

but we will see

Associate
OP
It's raining just now so cant hear much at the mo. I heard it earlier when I got out of my car after work.

I have emailed countryfile with the mp3 to see if they know what it is :D

Associate
OP
OMG:eek:

Right deep breath.... My Mum was round looking after my kids whilst the wife was at work last night.
When I got home I heard it again... I then sent my Mum on her way, with me taking her to her car. She heard it as well, and didnt think it was a good idea to go into the woods on my own..

Anyway I did ;)

My uber torch is ace btw.. I went deeper into the woods than I had been before at night and heard the sound coming from near an ancient beech tree, so I moved slowly closer to it. Nothing, but I still heard it pretty close by.

I then started to scan the tree, but didnt see any eyes looking back.

I was quite deep into the woods by now and my torch started to fade:eek:

I then heard it coming from behind me, and my torch was fading fast!!!!!

I ran like the clappers back through the woods and up the hill

saying OMG OMG OMG several times

Safe inside I had a beer :D

I will charge at it tonight like an angry elephant

Tonight is the night I will find out what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom