What is white privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Maybe in these focus groups they could have English lessons. A Spanish friend of mine who is a nurse is absolutely shocked how much money is spent on translators for people who were born in this country but have never felt they need to learn the language as they live in a segregated community.

They need to be a certified translator for H&S reasons too, costs an absolute fortune.

And before anyone says it, it should be the same for the English living in other countries.

Man of Honour
Maybe in these focus groups they could have English lessons. A Spanish friend of mine who is a nurse is absolutely shocked how much money is spent on translators for people who were born in this country but have never felt they need to learn the language as they live in a segregated community.

They need to be a certified translator for H&S reasons too, costs an absolute fortune.

And before anyone says it, it should be the same for the English living in other countries.

How is someone born in this country but can't speak the language? Do they not go to school? :confused:

Soldato
Just because it doesn't exist in the UK doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all

In the USA it is most definitely a thing as over there skin colour is effectively a substitute for the social class you were born into (as they don't have a class system).
The USA absolutely has a class system. Imagine the Kennedys then imagine people living in a trailer park or a city slum. They are born into it (the aristocracy) or can attain it by buying a college education and a good job. So like most countries in the world it is dictated by money or alliances. Skin colour plays a part but does not replace social class. So the USA may boast of being classless but it is largely empty boasting.

Soldato

Born and grew up in the UK but never learned to speak english? Are you talking about the Welsh?

Caporegime
I generally agree, but I take issue with the wording. Nobody sees race because race is an idea, not a materially real thing.

I don't disagree, I'm well aware race is a rather superficial and artificially constructed concept - that's all I'm refering to there... I mean you can "see" in many cases that someone fits the (general) category of being "white" or "black" etc.. (though indeed other cases people can be rather racially ambiguous)... but try to avoid preconceptions, treat people equally... albeit without being completely insensitive to the social concept of "race" etc..

Soldato
Hes talking nonsense.. Dont worry. Its completely illegal to not go to School. They would have more to worry about than just that.

We have a Pakistani guy at work who is a bit like that. Born and raised in England but still has a thick enough accent that you can't always tell what he's on about. His written skills are also pretty poor. I think the problem is he went to some Islamic religious school where they didn't teach the lessons in English, inside a segregated community. Apparently he has the same problem when he visits Pakistan, so seems like he doesn't speak any language properly :/

By contrast another Pakistani-English guy speaks both languages fluently. He went to a normal school.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, I think saying something is illegal and therefore it doesn't happen/the problem is solved is a poor argument.
Except for when it doesn't happen due to being illegal :rolleyes:

Point to one example please of a black person being denied entry to a national park due to being black, I'll wait :D

Man of Honour
white privileged is all those white people who leave the army after 20+ years service and turn to alcohol and troubled lives

that guy in the photo could even be one of them though

Do all the other races that serve in our military have better post service outcomes?

That seems more of a failure by the government, MOD, and mental health services.

Good point, the wives might not have been born here, just shipped over.

That's the only context I've heard of non-white people in the UK not being able to speak fluent english. Seems to stem from mysoginistic cultures that don't value womens education.

Except for when it doesn't happen due to being illegal :rolleyes:

Point to one example please of a black person being denied entry to a national park due to being black, I'll wait :D

I'm not sure what point you're arguing, I haven't stated that black people are denyed entry to national parks because of their race. I literally said that they appear to have equal access.

Caporegime
No it's not. That's nonsense. It's entirely legal not to go to school.
You still need to be educated and "they" can drop in to see that the job you or your "islamic" education is suitable. Not learning English would probably count as not being suitable...

Anyway i dont actually care. If they want to cripple themselves good for you taxpayers.

Im talking about people that cant communicate at all.. Anyway yeah whatever. 2020.

Soldato
So far these past few weeks we have had racism doesn't exist in the UK, white privilege doesn't exist and its all a construct of the left. Minorities will be glad to hear we have achieved this utopian equality in the UK.

In my experience many people asking for "Equality" are actually demanding preferential treatment and positive discrimination as opposed to actually being given equal opportunity.

Being part of the local indigenous population in a country will understandably present you with more opportunities than someone who isn't. The same would be true in any country and anyone would be at a disadvantage if they emigrated elsewhere in the world. Does that mean we should give people jobs/promotions or additional resources purely because they aren't white in the UK in order to achieve "equality"?

I take if from your glib reply you clearly don't believe we have racial equality in the UK just now. What has to happen to achieve racial "Equality" for minorities in your opinion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom