What is your iPhone battery health (and how old)?

15 pro max bought last year, still on 100% health!

the trick is to constantly try and keep the battery between 20 and 80% and dont charge it unless you really have to
I did this for two years and it made no difference. Phone still went down 5-6% over the year. While this time, November 23 to September24 I’ve just charged randomly to all types of %. 100 sometimes and 70-80 mostly and at 95% capacity now with 250 cycles.

I did this for two years and it made no difference. Phone still went down 5-6% over the year. While this time, November 23 to September24 I’ve just charged randomly to all types of %. 100 sometimes and 70-80 mostly and at 95% capacity now with 250 cycles.

It does seem to make very little difference I think. My wife uses her phone a lot and charges a couple of times a day and her battery wear is no worse than mine where I try and look after it.

15 pro max bought last year, still on 100% health!

the trick is to constantly try and keep the battery between 20 and 80% and dont charge it unless you really have to

I'll do this on my next phone, set the battery charge limit to 80% so it doesn't overcharge overnight.

cars work the same, if you keep your EV's battery always between 20% and 80% it extends the range of the battery compared to if you charge to 100% and run it flat all the time

Last edited:
5-6% is still better than what ive seen from a lot of other people. A friend of mine bought the phone at the same time as me and his capacity is on 90% after a year.
Another person I know with a 14 pro max is on 82% after 2 years

I'll do this on my next phone, set the battery charge limit to 80% so it doesn't overcharge overnight.

cars work the same, if you keep your EV's battery always between 20% and 80% it extends the range of the battery compared to if you charge to 100% and run it flat all the time
yep, nothing wrong with charging it to 100% here and there or if it runs flat it runs flat.. But constantly making it go to 0 and then charging it back up to 100 throughout the year will no doubt have an affect

yep, nothing wrong with charging it to 100% here and there or if it runs flat it runs flat.. But constantly making it go to 0 and then charging it back up to 100 throughout the year will no doubt have an affect
Yeah I suppose so. But people that have had their phone for nearly a year and are still at 100% with normal usage is more likely they had more capacity to begin with. As we all know not all batteries are equal. Some have more than the rated capacity so will lose that 100% rating slower Everything else being the similar.

Yeah I suppose so. But people that have had their phone for nearly a year and are still at 100% with normal usage is more likely they had more capacity to begin with. As we all know not all batteries are equal. Some have more than the rated capacity so will lose that 100% rating slower Everything else being the similar.
also true but i suspect those differences in the batteries are minuscule at best

Just checked and my M2 MacBook Air is on 98% of maximum capacity. Got it when they launched (arrived August 2022). :D

Last edited:
Just checked my iPhone 13 that I've had for around 18 months - still on a reasonable 98%. Not sure if battery health will suddenly drop off at some point.

I've been impressed my 11 Pro from November 2019 does well on battery and reports 99% max capacity. My previous iPhones definitely had battery and charging issues before I got this one.

I've noticed that my battery is suffering more and I start to have doubts it'll last the full day with decent usage. It's now down to 93%, 6% in a year.

Launch week 12 pro - 87% but barely lasts a day anymore so getting replaced this week to give the phone a couple years more life.
Would really appreciate it if you kept us up to date when you’ve had it replaced and moved to iOS 18, how you get on with a day’s use, and if you notice a decent improvement!

Launch day 14 Pro, 87%. Can really feel the degradation in battery life though that I'm considering replacement. Feels like the battery has degraded more than its saying.
Poor charging habits definitely play a role, but there was an issue with the 14 or 15 which caused the battery to degrade faster - replacement might sort it.

My launch day 13 Pro is still at 96%.

Launch day 14 Pro, 87%. Can really feel the degradation in battery life though that I'm considering replacement. Feels like the battery has degraded more than its saying.

I think I will be getting a replacement next year at some point. When new I used to be finishing a day with 30-50% battery left easily. Now it's often down below 20% at the end of the day. And that's if I'm at work with wifi all day, it can be a lot worse while out and about. I do want this phone to potentially see me through 4-5 years assuming the next couple of iPhone releases are as mundane as this current one, so a fresh battery should help stop me getting the itch for a change.

Poor charging habits definitely play a role, but there was an issue with the 14 or 15 which caused the battery to degrade faster - replacement might sort it.

My launch day 13 Pro is still at 96%.

The 13 Pro does seem to be way better. I sold my wife's 13 Pro a few months back which when I checked, was amazed to see it was still on 94%, despite the fact she knows nothing of good charging habits and used it heavily.

Back
Top Bottom