• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase

What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase?

• 1. £250

Votes: 34 8.3%
  • 2. £500

Votes: 162 39.7%
  • 3. £750

Votes: 86 21.1%
  • 4. £1000

Votes: 59 14.5%
  • 5. £1250

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • 6. £1500

Votes: 30 7.4%
  • 7. £1750

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 8. £2000

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 9. No no, no no no no, There's no limit!!

Votes: 12 2.9%

• Total voters
£0

Skipping the next gen, regardless of how much it costs or how fast it is. My 2080Ti will see me through til the next gen release.

£10 says thats a lie and you cave :p. We know you too well greg.

Im going to see if its worth it first then decide dependent on price and performance. My 2080Ti also doing what i need as of currently and dont fancy forking £1399 or whatever for a decent performance uplift.

£0

Skipping the next gen, regardless of how much it costs or how fast it is. My 2080Ti will see me through til the next gen release.

You'll probably be alright with that, it's going to be around 3070 performance anyway so no pressing need to change unless you have a specific game and goal in mind.

I have a Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1080ti. Maybe £1000? Not sure what price to expect but I paid I think... £649 on launch date. Got bumped up to this card due to a mis matched product image.

Somewhere between the 250 - 500 price point though most likely closer to the upper limit.

Realistically, it will probably be about 400 - 475. Where ever the sweet spot is in the high-end.

*I guess, in theory, it is possible I could go one higher and step up to a max of around 600 - 700, but that's quite unlikely.
That would be my absolute limit. £480 is the most I've ever spent so far in twenty years of PC gaming.

I thought it might be interesting to do a poll as most of the threads have talk of price & value for money; maybe we could keep the conversation in one place that disregards Nvidia/AMD/Console choice and focus purely on budget?

Could a mod add a poll, please?

£250
£500
£750
£1,000
£1,250
£1,500
£1,750
£2,000
No limit
I refused to buy a 2080ti for about 18 months but they got me in the end.

I have no idea what my limit would be if i want something bad enough i will just buy it

£10 says thats a lie and you cave :p. We know you too well greg.

Im going to see if its worth it first then decide dependent on price and performance. My 2080Ti also doing what i need as of currently and dont fancy forking £1399 or whatever for a decent performance uplift.
Haha, in fairness, I need a new car, as my engine seized, so any spare funds I had are going that way. I have been gaming though a bit (too damned hot still though) and will certainly be gaming more in the autumn/winter but the 2080Ti isn't struggling with anything, so a gen skip is welcomed by my wallet.

£400 for 1440p ultra minimum 60fps in AAA titles. Otherwise £0, then spend £200 next year for whatever used GPU I can get for £200.

Absolutely no chance I'm spending more than £500 and that's upping what I normally spend by £200, for that I want a significant performance increase over my Vega 56

If that's not going to happen then I'll pick up a cheap 5700XT, skip this generation and put the money into a UW monitor instead

Back
Top Bottom