What "man jobs" have you done today?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Built a new under-stairs storage unit.

(Top tip, draw it up and get B-Q man to cut it all on his machine, go when its quiet :) :)

Associate
You need to up your game man..

I completely agree, but must spend more time on the rest of the garden as it's not even seeded.

20170224_141751.jpg

But it did start like this and i've had to renovate the inside as well.

Post Your Garden!

Soldato
So:
* sold the ol' ford focus
* ordered a replacement for the washing machine that died (rubber melted itself to the drum and I think the bearing went) this morning - new Bosch Series 6.. because I've been so impressed with the Series 6 dishwasher!
* potted some new seeds for plants
* cut the lawn

Already washed the paving slabs and concrete where the old car stood with patio moss remover - lots of moss etc as it's been so wet and mild.

Caporegime
Painted ceiling on new plaster over weekend.

2 watered coats of super matt then dulux vinyl matt. It looks so patchy. It seemed to be drying too fast

Hoping a slightly watered down final coat will sort it out and get a nice finish

Caporegime
Hate painting, even more when the finish is crap.

Dulux trade Supermatt is much easier to get a even finish. More annoying is that carpet man is doing the room tomorrow so that means tonight is spent hoping i can sort it with another coat.

Soldato
Hate painting, even more when the finish is crap.

Dulux trade Supermatt is much easier to get a even finish. More annoying is that carpet man is doing the room tomorrow so that means tonight is spent hoping i can sort it with another coat.

I'm convinced I'm painting wrong. So I've have a look on YouTube... "How to paint a wall". Everyone seems to be using extendable roller arms and fully loading the roller with paint. So I'm picking up an extender at lunch. Should save me having to climb up and down ladders and hopefully will be able to paint one whole strip of wall in one movement.

It looks so quick and easy on YouTube...

Caporegime
Id rather buy a new one each time :D

What do you reckon to Vinyl matt and correct roller pile? I have a harris one I bought yesterday with a two foot pole, but the roller is probably too short and its synthetic, hence its harder to get even coverage. Im thinking pile it on and spread it around fast is the best way before it dries uneven an gets that texture difference

Last edited:
Associate
yes, long poles and a decent roller make a huge amount of difference - the only problem with the medium pile is the amount of paint you have to clean out :(
There's also a lot to be said about finding the 'fine line' between too much and too little when loading. Each paint and roller combo seems to have it's own perfect amount, so you don't spend ages to get decent coverage off each 'reload', and not too much that you end up spattering yourself and everything else!!! Anyone ever tried one of them paint -zoom paint sprayer type jobbies? They make it look easy in the adverts, but then they always do in every advert about anything they are hawking!

Back
Top Bottom