What "man jobs" have you done today?

Caporegime
Ripped off part of the roof of our garage as the company that built it didn't finish it properly.

We had to (extremely gently) prize off four rows of shingles and then cut out the leading 18" of OSB which was largely rotten after water ogress from the edges, then replace the OSB (and some of the fascia where rotten) and install a drip edge before reinstalling the shingles.

Three sides done now, just one more to go and then we can think about installing guttering, which was also never installed!

Something we knew we would have to do when we bought the place but I didn't realise just how bad a shape the wood was before we got up there. It's only about 5 years old too. :/

Soldato
Mine had a back boiler which was still connected to hot tank in loft - drained it off -sealed pipes at tank and took it all out - got a good price for the copper at local tat yard. - it's worth removing unless of course you want to use it.

Fortunately the pipes are capped off and tank empty. Removed it earlier and exposed the former fireplace (although not the original one that's further back!)

FuzqZinh.jpg

Soldato
Any update on this one? Love custom projects like this.

I'm so busy with work that I wont get chance to work on it again until tomorrow, my Mum has put down a couple of "tiles" worth this week but I told her to leave it as crawling around on the floor is crippling at the best of times. Will post some pics as it progresses. Thankfully there is still work outstanding in the kitchen so there's no mad rush to get it done.

How many pennies?

She bought £80 worth to start us off, she sorted the dull ones and then we chucked all the rest into a bucket full of cheap coke to brighten them up.

Associate
Assembled and calibrated the Hybrid Pantorouter, only to discover the router collet is 12mm not 12.7 (1/2 inch) like I need :( Found a shop in Germany that sells them fortunately.

IMG_0287.JPG

Associate
Nice, what are you planning to make with it?

Hard to say, didn't buy it for anything in particular. Do want to make some shelving units/storage racks and drawers. Going to get the hang of the machine first and see where it leads. My dad wants some half steps made which he gets from a catalogue atm but they are made of plastic and have no support in the centre so fail very quickly. Doing that will be a breeze with this machine.

Had an idea for a toilet roll holder and a vague memory from last night of rebuilding the fitted wardrobe :D

First project will be a cart for the pantorouter to sit on when it's being used and it'll then be lifted onto a sliding shelf for storage. Making the frame out of 50x75 CLS, not done any test joints yet so the plan may change..

cart.jpg

Soldato
So a very expensive toy then :p. I always wish i had one when i watch Mathias Wandel make stuff with his on Youtube. looks like such a versatile tool. Maybe one day when i have more room. I'd be interested to see what you make if you have time to take some snaps.

Back
Top Bottom