What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Cheers, think i'll just add a cupboard space and put a plastic tub in there that she can keep topped up with coal. A single bag tends to last me quite a while so no reason to think she needs to store any more than that.

I'd be willing to add the funnelling element, it might even be quite fun to make but i also had concerns about the front hatch bit.

Soldato
Wiring lights & power in the shed with the old man this weekend (he's a spark), replacing 3x outside floods with LED ones, and replacing 3 outdoor sockets. Getting ready for the dark months!

If I get chance, I have a 15m retaining log wall to finish, and some turf to lay too.

Associate
I chopped up a fallen oak tree. Just need to bring it back with the tractor for splitting and stacking.

Probably chop another couple fallen oaks up next week too. We burn 30 stare a year give or take, so always need more wood.

Soldato
Note to self. Just because you turn the power off earlier in the day doesn't mean you shouldn't check to make sure no one has turned it back on!

First mains powered electric shock! was a bit nervous going back to finish what I needed after that.

I did something similar a couple weeks back. Assumed that light switches had been wired from the lighting circuit not the sockets :p

Caporegime
Note to self. Just because you turn the power off earlier in the day doesn't mean you shouldn't check to make sure no one has turned it back on!

First mains powered electric shock! was a bit nervous going back to finish what I needed after that.

At least you now know it's not as bad as you initially thought. :p

Putting some finishing touches to our bar area. Still not quite finished, need to get some wine glass hangers for between the lights and eventually a new fridge!

Installed the wood I stained a couple of days ago, then screwed in the bottle pegs and added a couple of lights. Took the opportunity to sand and oil the counters as well.

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4768.jpg

Caporegime
Looks great.

A glass fronted fridge would look excellent i reckon.

That's what I want but the GF is thinking about getting a non glass fridge because it's just going to be filled with cans of soft drink and beer/cider.

Dazzy_G - waaaayyy more wood needed! :p

Soldato
Replastered the kitchen and wired in a junction box to get rid of two switches/plugs. I would love to just remove the wiring, but everything is piggybacked off each other and it seems like one of the sockets is piggy-backed off the lights, whilst another was piggy-backed off of another plug. Will be buying some hardware soon, and a new voltmeter, and hopefully tracing all the wiring through to fix the mess.

Soldato
Had two log stores to build, should have been pretty straight forward.

The small, intermediate, store to go on the front porch was pretty straightforward and soon built (although came with a damaged roof so will need swapping when the replacement arrives)

xwAvPO1.jpg

Have also put two comfy swivel chairs and a table on the porch to enjoy the view

eFsnJ86.jpg

However, to enjoy the view I'll need to chop down the three view blocking confers

g2R5CoM.jpg

Hopefully get round to that tomorrow. Was going to do it today but the second store took longer than expected ...

So the idea was move all the bins, old chairs, general carp, build the new log store then put everything back were keeping and move onto the trees.

pamhIIn.jpg

So started by moving everything out the way

dMN0AD9.jpg

Then realised just how much moss there was

5E9yfDX.jpg

Scraped most of it up (half a green waste bin full) and was about to start on jet washing and sweeping it down and realised the drain was blocked

dmsXteE.jpg

After much prodding and poking, opening the rodding point and blasting the lot with the jet wash, nothing.......

Luckily the previous owner had left a large plunger in the garage and after 10 mins of furious action it freed !!

Gave the whole lot a good blast through to flush any silt away and cleaned the whole area down

Npgxud9.jpg

EybedJx.jpg

Then started on the store

01YJHo5.jpg

yAvxudd.jpg

qrHoSvd.jpg

Bins back in place (will sort them out another time)

dFR4BvV.jpg

Soldato
So following on from yesterday's log stores build it was time to do some pruning to improve the view from the porch .....

A few "before" shots

From (currently the kids' but ultimately my and Mrs TB's) bedroom

KlZBnfd.jpg

And view from the porch

7NeNoyg.jpg

NgtHDGs.jpg

And from the drive towards the house

z21Al6O.jpg

Timber!!!

mvfTElo.jpg

4ZqzPlL.jpg

Then "after"

my6v3Nk.jpg

Pdrc44A.jpg

QVbAvzp.jpg

queue several trips to the tip .....

Soldato
Fixed some points of flooring that had very poor temp fixes on them. I've used plywood, are there any issues with this? Seema to be squeeking slightly but I've not screwed them down yet (need some better screws!!)

Before (when plumber was putting in gas pipe)
bfHzvht.jpg

After;
JeawLPx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom