What "man jobs" have you done today?

Tea Drinker
Don
Couple of hours spare so I marmoxed the back wall. Stainless steel screws are horrible. So soft. One spin of the drill and the heads gone.

Managed to tape this side, will take the rest tomorrow, ran out of light

b5W7aiL.jpg

The bottom one is going to be taken off and a piece of the ufh run up the wall for a heated wall with a towel bar over it. That's why it's not fixed.

sDKRjMH.jpg

Tea Drinker
Don
Most of the off site manufactured bathroom pods we are buying in London now have a small heated wall area with towel bar, a portion of the UFH run up the wall and a small towel bar fixed over the top. Slim line and less bulky.

Soldato
Does anyone have experience grouting porcelain tiles?

When buying said tiles I was told they they will need sealing. https://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod1021/pietre-di-keope-cogne-grey-floor-tile.html

It has got to the point where I need to start grouting. Do I need to seal first to prevent me making a right mess of the tiles? I've read many forums and have had different responses on every single one. I don't know why I expect any different here :D

They are not polished, and have a rough textured finish. The website states that polished porcelain needs sealing but does not mention honed, or textured finishes.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Associate
Spent the last two afternoons removing wallpaper from a bedroom at our new house. Finally finished it!

The wallpaper we are planning on removing from the lounge is starting to look more appealing now...

Soldato
Unexpected job today - yesterday I opened porch door and handle moved slightly so today got screwdriver out and went round all doors and frames including kitchen unit handles and was surprised at how many needed tightening up - doors and frames especially needing one or two turns.
One of those things you take for granted.

ps - we are all plastic doors and windows.

Tea Drinker
Don
Spent the day building the shower base and then the stud wall next to it. The shower tray has an epdm stuck to the side, the walls are covered in marmox over ply taped with stainless steel screws and washers. I wasn't sure about the marmox but it's quite good, easy to use and seems like it's going to be nice to tile to.

If it leaks I'm selling the house :p

7SeGS7X.jpg

ibCswiX.jpg

Back
Top Bottom