What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Started to build a 3.5m x 3.5m garden shed today, all made from pallet wood that I got for free, which is good wood once I had removed close to 1000 nails and staples!
It has to be a 'temporary' build due to my landlord so no base or groundworks, just going to lay it on some treated wood - want it to last 3-5 years.

Mainly using it for storing ride on mower and garden equipment, so doesn't have to be airtight!

Soldato
Few c-19 apocalypse / lockdown preparations ...

Kids are now at home for the foreseeable, the youngest has a desk for her PC but the eldest didn't so put her a desk together....

y3GvlEJl.jpg

Then sorted my wife a working from home setup in a bedroom waiting to be decorated (now on hold)

CkkTWYNl.jpg

Desk with a view !

Then what is going to be my study / mancave has become somewhat of a dumping ground

e8ifK8rl.jpg

So had a sort out in there to free up some space for my WFH area

hivsqWfl.jpg

Yes the Capet is going and it also needs decorating, but needs must. A 2m solid oak worktop and two IKEA units coming next week to form the startings of the man cave / home office

All the crap needed to go in the garage, so took the opportunity to do a tip run

qrRLzOtl.jpg

Then all the spare timber offcuts, old bed slats and oak stair spindles which I found in the study ....

EbQEy2Yl.jpg

I chopped down into log burner sized pieces

D3FMnk3l.jpg

Finally washed one of the bikes and swapped out the gravel wheelset for the road wheelset in preparation for tomorrow morning's ride

7LsV9UOl.jpg

kTe8tkil.jpg

Definitely ready for a beer :D

Soldato
Turned this:
IMG-3434.jpg" alt="IMG-3434" border="0"

Into this:
381-BA669-03-B0-41-DC-B7-BD-98-CA2-B3077-B9.jpg" alt="381-BA669-03-B0-41-DC-B7-BD-98-CA2-B3077-B9" border="0"

Turns out I really like plumbing and don't worry this is just the temporary shower until I get the room upstairs ready/connected to the sewer system

Soldato
Been slowly working on the kitchen over the winter and got a bit more done this weekend; T&G panelling around the door and window, trimmed down some units which my fiance has been painting, cut to size and varnishing 2 long shelves for the back wall.

We've also had a leak come through the roof, so climbed up on there to find the mortar covering the lead flashing had a crack running down it.
I've filled it with some sealant (sika 291) which should give a decent temporary fix.

Soldato
Mowed lawn. First of the year but it needed it. Even with low cold night temps it should be ok as the day temps are getting up again.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Started to build a 3.5m x 3.5m garden shed today, all made from pallet wood that I got for free, which is good wood once I had removed close to 1000 nails and staples!
It has to be a 'temporary' build due to my landlord so no base or groundworks, just going to lay it on some treated wood - want it to last 3-5 years.

Mainly using it for storing ride on mower and garden equipment, so doesn't have to be airtight!

Very interesting! I was going to do a concrete base then use this to house my ride-on. Its supremely open and vulnerable with winds here so I was even going to keep it low profile possibly a tunnel type shape. Share your methods bro.

Soldato
My Mrs has wanted chickens for years and "we" planned to get them after moving to the current house(3 years ago lol).

I got her the coop and a large walk-in run as we get foxes in the back garden and have three cats so they need to be secured.

We are quite rural and should be able to get some (we have a few friends with chickens who have offered to lend us some of need be).

Don't want to get them before the run is built and in place though but apparently that takes about 12 hours to put together so maybe next weekend's man job .....

Soldato
Taking self isolation a bit far aren't you :p

Lol, after two days at home with the wife and kids ..... :D

we have some chucks we bought about a year ago - very entertaining little things but damn do they scratch and poop everywhere - if you want your garden to stay vaguely nice fence them into a decent sized area!

Yeah bought a sizeable walk in "run" for them - plan is to get that up next weekend ....

Back
Top Bottom