What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
100%, it was getting a bit wordy but I wanted to say "read: never once" :p

It certainly runs better now than it did when I first started it. Yet to actually try mowing with it, we're taking it up to the new house tomorrow!
Have you looked at the cutting blade yet?

I‘d imagine that it’s a blunt as a badger’s bum. Nothing 30 seconds with a sanding disk on an angle grinder wouldn’t fix though.

Soldato
Nah, all blades have to be reasonably sharp or they rip and bruise the grass.

Regular or high-lift mower blades are angled to throw all the cut grass into the sack or out the discharge chute sharpish. Mulching blades are more shallow so that the cuttings spend longer in the cutting deck getting chopped up.

Caporegime
Half way through cutting the hedge.
It's a box hedge and old owners let it get far to uneven.
So each year I cut into it a bit deeper.

It's so much effort. It. Goes. Through 6 battery charges.

If it was just trimming the new growth I think I'd get it done in 3.

Soldato
Knocked up a "bug hotel" from off cuts in the garage and odds and sods round the garden

IMG-20220529-125652.jpg

IMG-20220529-135350.jpg

IMG-20220529-140308.jpg

Soldato
Wasn't quite today but got the house painted and the new windows in. Flowers in (is that a man job? :D)

u25FuFA.jpg

Just need to afford a new front wall, sort the side of the house to unlock me being able to get new soffits, facias, gutters etc :D Still undecided on colour, I've got white windows but wondering if I go with cream soffits and fascias to tie in with the stone work up top...

Man of Honour
I've started removing the Wisteria in the garden which has been put in the most awkward place. Essentially I have to cut it back every week so I can get past (to the right in the picture) to get to the garden gate so it'll never flower, essentially it's no more than a green and out of control bush really. I'm going to replace it with some climbing roses, which gains me mrs points.

IMG-5536.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've started removing the Wisteria in the garden which has been put in the most awkward place. Essentially I have to cut it back every week so I can get past (to the right in the picture) to get to the garden gate so it'll never flower, essentially it's no more than a green and out of control bush really. I'm going to replace it with some climbing roses, which gains me mrs points.

IMG-5536.jpg
Why not just remove the panel closest to the house and leave it to grow on the other 2?

Man of Honour
Sorry that panel nearest the garage, as I assumed that's what you were catching.
The problem with Wisteria is that it will not stay on just one or two panels. It grows so aggressively during the summer it needs cutting back weekly otherwise it blocks the path, even if it were only on 2 of the panels. It really needs more than a single trellis to thrive and flower properly.

Soldato
The problem with Wisteria is that it will not stay on just one or two panels. It grows so aggressively during the summer it needs cutting back weekly otherwise it blocks the path, even if it were only on 2 of the panels. It really needs more than a single trellis to thrive and flower properly.
Move that panel to infront of tye bbq and hope for the best, or maybe (with fingers crossed) transplant it to a side fence out of the way?

Soldato
It is beautiful though.

Associate
Re-did all the silicone in the bathroom. Even though I do it at least yearly, I'd forgotten just how annoying it is removing it, so many little bits to clean up.

I tried WD40 this time to remove the old stuff. Worked surprisingly well and didn't have any issues cleaning the surface afterwards. And the new stuff seems good so far.

Back
Top Bottom