What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Thought this was an innovative one to make sure my cover panel was tight in, used a plasterboard prop

Should I bother covering the cut edges in a bathroom before putting the worktop in? Should have the worktop coming end of the week I hope.

dCmidfy.jpeg

0Vqo82z.jpeg

qG6GYbv.jpeg

Below picture was actually before it was glued on but you get the idea..

SzMZDgx.jpeg

Soldato
Previous owner had a TV in just about every room. I finally got round to removing the one in the bathroom built into the wall. Filled the hole with batons and plasterboard then covered the missing tiles with a mirror. Didn't want the thing sat there on standby anymore.
What's the deal with tvs everywhere? We've dropped it down to one in the living room and one in the study. Don't see the need for more until the kids are a bit bigger.

Soldato
Soldato
A bit of music is one thing, but I'm never in the bath long enough to actually watch any actual tv content. I have never seen the point in having a TV in the bedroom either to be honest. Each to their own I guess :)

We have one in our bedroom (so one in the living room, one in the bedroom) and I never watch it. The wife insists she does when I'm not home, so it stays. But I hate it being there.

Soldato
We have one in our bedroom (so one in the living room, one in the bedroom) and I never watch it. The wife insists she does when I'm not home, so it stays. But I hate it being there.
I think it's more of a female thing :) Previous owner of our house was a single woman with kids. I think a TV in the bedroom just encourages laziness. I tend to get up and start the day nice and early :)

Soldato
I think it's more of a female thing :) Previous owner of our house was a single woman with kids. I think a TV in the bedroom just encourages laziness. I tend to get up and start the day nice and early :)

Hah! She watches it in the evening apparently. Who knows! All I know is that I hate it, but I need to pick my battles.

The flip side is that I'm aiming to move the record player that's currently in my small office room to the spare room. Hopefully I can offset these two things against each other.

Associate
Business Kitchen

Y4xRQ59.jpg
rSkDA8F.jpg
VGltCCM.jpg
up0wyGA.jpg
GvDSVvq.jpg
TLn4gGD.jpg
7b8Yter.jpg
T2tGUcC.jpg
EkMLte2.jpg
S6iqWiT.jpg

First part of kitchen tall units was from ex-display from Magnet, then matched with base units from Howdens, though that didn't go as planned as there 600mm units sat to low so had to buy to from Howdens to match up better against the tall units.

Soldato
Decking collapsed recently. Supporting boards underneath have rotted away. Have had a right old mare trying to get it up, had to resort to cutting whats left of the “screws” with a long recip blade as was taking too long trying to get them out.

Took about 4 hours to get this far as they am trying to save the boards as they are still ok or it would be going much faster!

Right pig of a job.

8z8eoEU.jpg

5sFRBMj.jpg
aYIkr8E.jpg

Back
Top Bottom