What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
It had an old computer on it, the table is being removed from the room to may way for pram storage.
Nice. i was gunna say that a small cabinet wouldnt even be the size of that table.
Why would you use a server rack for a handful of A5 boxes?

handful? i could 5 devices there and i can assume that one is a router, anoter a AP, another a router etc etc?

You can get a very good device that acts as a router and switch killing two birds with one stone etc.

More room, more future proof.

Look how small this is:

whole-home-VPN-homelab.jpg

Soldato
Worktops were always going to be a pain with this kitchen, we have old steel 2.5 inch pipes for the central heating so had to have units 10cm away from the wall so the fridge would fit in.

Ended up with two big island worktops to cut down and would have two joints, had to get a mate in for this needed to be spot on.

Missing draw and cupboard door lol, now ordered. Get glass backsplash ordered plus few other little jobs, then we done.

Thing it looks ok from what I started with :)

XQCwqQW.jpg

iCLL7KZ.jpg

Rt8xcEi.jpg
In picture three what is that by the hob -(Is it a Induction hob) - The reason I asked is when I was fitting mine I put the DAB radio next to Hob and when I turned it on the DAB radio emmitted a blood curdling screem and died a painfull death.. So be careful of digital things close to hob.

Before forum updates I could delete pictures that didn't apply but now I have no idea how to do it.

Soldato
In picture three what is that by the hob -(Is it a Induction hob) - The reason I asked is when I was fitting mine I put the DAB radio next to Hob and when I turned it on the DAB radio emmitted a blood curdling screem and died a painfull death.. So be careful of digital things close to hob.

Before forum updates I could delete pictures that didn't apply but now I have no idea how to do it.
Is that due to the induction cooking it with Eddie currents? Wonder if it was the speaker that died.

Soldato
Do you mean right click or left click - I right clicked but didn't show a delete. - I know it's going to be easy but it's only easy when you know how.

Dead easy -Just edited it and it's on pop up box. See it but never looked at it if you know what I mean.:o

My man job today was trip to tip and dump a load of wifes dug up plant's - we now bash them to get soil off and keep that.

Soldato
Finished sealing up the house today, fitted 8 radiator pipe guides behind the radiators, sealed up the gaping holes behind the toilets, basically made every room air tight so stop drafts in the winter, next plan is insulating between the garage roof and the kitchen floor, making a well insulated loft hatch and fixing the cold spots on the ceiling/loft floor I've picked up with the thermal camera.

Soldato
I put up twin slot shelving in the garage this weekend. This replaced 4 tired looking static shelves, 2 on each side of the garage. I've now got 6 shelves total and the flexibility to move them around in the future if required. Next step is to buy a second storage rack and retire the old one which is falling apart.

I also crimped my patch panel and moved everything into my network rack - the same one jonneymendoza pictured above as it happens - but I won't post a picture of it because I still need to do some cable management.

Soldato
Having been in our place for just over a year and undergoing major renovations (loft conversion basically done, needs decorating. That's the first bit!). I can finally post in this thread. The new ensuite bathroom in aforementioned loft is basically complete, so I (well, 'we') fitted a couple of shelves and the loo roll holder :D

Not without our fails.. who knew masonry drill bits are completely different to wooden drill bits? :confused: That meant another traipse into town that we didn't need, lol... But everything is level and holding so I'm counting it as a win. Baby steps for us :o

Soldato
Having been in our place for just over a year and undergoing major renovations (loft conversion basically done, needs decorating. That's the first bit!). I can finally post in this thread. The new ensuite bathroom in aforementioned loft is basically complete, so I (well, 'we') fitted a couple of shelves and the loo roll holder :D

Not without our fails.. who knew masonry drill bits are completely different to wooden drill bits? :confused: That meant another traipse into town that we didn't need, lol... But everything is level and holding so I'm counting it as a win. Baby steps for us :o
Wood drill bits are different to "normal" twist drills too :D

Try and enjoy the journey... Even when you're wondering if you really needed to spend that much on a tool to use once!

Soldato
Wood drill bits are different to "normal" twist drills too :D

Try and enjoy the journey... Even when you're wondering if you really needed to spend that much on a tool to use once!
lol :D I do now understand why a lot of people were saying to do as much as you can yourself. Did enjoy it. Just a lot of what we need to do is a little beyond my capabilities (not the shelves), and when you're dropping the money we are on professional builders, £30 for the excellent professional plumber to put up 2 shelves and the loo roll holder seems like pittance in comparison - so it was tempting! I know at least we did come in under that for the wall anchors and drill bits :p

Back
Top Bottom