What "man jobs" have you done today?

Am dead.

98rNvWJ.jpeg

TdJFHtc.jpeg

I still have one panel to sort on the neighbors side but their patio is much higher ground and it really needs a proper wall building. I'll have a think about that later.

Fitted my gatemate lock as I was spending too much time trying to temporary lock it. Like a n00b I put the lock at the top to stop the little one and then realised someone can hook their hand over, lol.

The einhell jack hammer was a godsend.

@PermaChanged if the drive was done correctly you'll have a max of 75mm before you hit Type 1. You need to remove the sub base as well. It looks a decent area so you'll need a few tonne of topsoil. Cheaper grade soil for the bulk of the job.

Last edited:
Brought a friend up this weekend to try and finish a rewire that's dragging on. Mostly need to do the kitchen, which only had about 2 sockets so needs a whole load of cables and back boxes chasing in. Also about 8 back boxes scattered around the house needed knocking out so we can terminate circuits.

It was a dusty dusty day and I was glad to turn the boiler back on and have a hot bath!

host pic online

Last edited:
Yesterday's work was good until removing the perfect level masters this AM...

I guess not enough adhesive.... This is the 2nd time this has happened to me..

Im going to just put a thicker bed of adhesive onto the tile itself rather than wall (cant fit trowel in) then push it on and use spacers

EvAidHS.jpeg

ZTdY0J1.jpeg

You should put adhesive on wall and tile, mainly on wall using notched trowel then scrape a thin layer on back of tile. Some tiles are also very dusty so wiping the back with a wet cloth is good practice. That said those tiles are very small to be using with the level master.

Other reasons, walls not primed, walls dusty etc.

Last edited:
You should put adhesive on wall and tile, mainly on wall using notched trowel then scrape a thin layer on back of tile. Some tiles are also very dusty so wiping the back with a wet cloth is good practice. That said those tiles are very small to be using with the level master.

Other reasons, walls not primed, walls dusty etc.

Aye the wall was were adhesive was and tiles back buttered.

I think i should have just made sure the beds were troweled on bit better.

The walls were well primered as the adhesive was stuck to the wall, that pic is after i scraped it off.

Ive got 2 more sections to do and part of me is tempted to level it with standard 3mm pins rather than level master as it does need very solid bed with no voids for when the clips are being hammered off...

Last edited:
Sparky arrives Tuesday - I have done a first fix on the external (porch covered) socket. I need to connect it up - I've never bothered over thinking it but thought I'd take the chance to ---

Do you earth the back box?

N.b. the entire thing is plastic from what I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom