What "man jobs" have you done today?

Cut two lawns then got Glysphate out and sprayed drive (gravel) then edges and finished off in field - I spray from my fence to barbed wire about 4ft- otherwise we have every weed known to man growing there.

Then got the roof moss killer out and did tarmac along front wall then any bit's of moss I could find.

Been a good day today as it's warm -no wind and sun is shining.

Noticed water stains on the wall last week... stopped using the ensuite which is above straight after.

70129340224-953-C0219-969-A-40-BB-A7-CB-14-B9-F89-AB70-B.jpg

Been mega busy and finally had time today to inspect above. Noticed cracks in the grout, pulled some tiles off and it's sodden on 2 out of three walls in the shower. :(

IMG-7337.jpg

I don't really have the time to do this by myself, so will have to pay someone to sort it all out and probably replace with Showerwall or similar. We had been discussing about redoing the whole room anyway, so might just do that. Goes someway to explain the damp problems we've been having in the room.

Noticed water stains on the wall last week... stopped using the ensuite which is above straight after.

70129340224-953-C0219-969-A-40-BB-A7-CB-14-B9-F89-AB70-B.jpg

Been mega busy and finally had time today to inspect above. Noticed cracks in the grout, pulled some tiles off and it's sodden on 2 out of three walls in the shower. :(

IMG-7337.jpg

I don't really have the time to do this by myself, so will have to pay someone to sort it all out and probably replace with Showerwall or similar. We had been discussing about redoing the whole room anyway, so might just do that. Goes someway to explain the damp problems we've been having in the room.
Are you stripping all the tiles to let it dry out then?

Yesterday's work was good until removing the perfect level masters this AM...

I guess not enough adhesive.... This is the 2nd time this has happened to me..

Im going to just put a thicker bed of adhesive onto the tile itself rather than wall (cant fit trowel in) then push it on and use spacers

EvAidHS.jpeg

ZTdY0J1.jpeg

What size clips are you using? Small/Medium/Large?

What size trowel?

Last edited:
What size clips are you using? Small/Medium/Large?

What size trowel?
Clips are medium for 6 to 14mm tiles. Used a 6*6 adhesive blade and 8x8 on the corner which was stayed in sound (as the plaster was knocked out by approx 1mm)

@vail3r looks like you have the exact same tiles I have put on..... Using black grout on an evening after work was a bad choice!

New shower started leaking from the waste. I had a feeling the rubber seal wasn’t great when I fitted it.

Refitted with some CT1 and seems fine now!
If I hadn't checked the water and seal on my ensuite tray before fitting I'd of had the same.

There was an air bubble on the underside just in the wrong spot that meant water would go past the seal. In the end I used waterproof adhesive to stick the rubber washer in exactly the right place and fill in all the imperfections so I knew it would make a perfect seal.

If I hadn't checked the water and seal on my ensuite tray before fitting I'd of had the same.

There was an air bubble on the underside just in the wrong spot that meant water would go past the seal. In the end I used waterproof adhesive to stick the rubber washer in exactly the right place and fill in all the imperfections so I knew it would make a perfect seal.

I’m annoyed with myself for not putting sealant on this when i fitted it.

Always learning though! At least the plastering isn’t finished in the kitchen so can get the ceiling done when the plasterer comes to finish it off

I’m annoyed with myself for not putting sealant on this when i fitted it.

Always learning though! At least the plastering isn’t finished in the kitchen so can get the ceiling done when the plasterer comes to finish it off

What type of trap is it? Unusual to require sealant.

I threw out the naff one that came with my mira tray and got a mcalpine trap.

What type of trap is it? Unusual to require sealant.

I threw out the naff one that came with my mira tray and got a mcalpine trap.

It's the one that came with it but looked pretty standard from what I've seen. It was leaking from where it seals with the rubber gasket between the bottom of the tray and the waste, I couldn't actually see any obvious imperfections that might be preventing it sealing properly.

It's the one that came with it but looked pretty standard from what I've seen. It was leaking from where it seals with the rubber gasket between the bottom of the tray and the waste, I couldn't actually see any obvious imperfections that might be preventing it sealing properly.
See my recent WC thread. The waste I had seemed perfectly fine but it just wasn't finished correctly - so it would never get a seal without gunk. I swapped it with a Grohe fitting and it sealed first try.

If it's still open /accessibly I'd probably say best to change with a quality brand like mcalpine.

Where did you get your tiles from?

I recall reading your diy extension thread.... Needs more pics!

If it's still open /accessibly I'd probably say best to change with a quality brand like mcalpine.

Where did you get your tiles from?

I recall reading your diy extension thread.... Needs more pics!

They are from porcelain superstore.

The shower waste could be gotten to but it would be a pain. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be stuck on solid now with the CT1!

Chaps,

Railway sleepers in contact with earth - how long will they realistically last?

I'm thinking "the bottom half of the garden" could do with just being barked all over, with some sleepers as a border to retain things.

Back
Top Bottom