What "man jobs" have you done today?

Bought some smartplugs

IMG20230324174809-01.jpg

Put all stuff which is mainly on standby onto them including the TV, Sky Box and Wii in the lounge and the rats' nest in my study

IMG20230325094223.jpg

Just got the Mrs' WFH stuff to do and see how it affects usage on IHD

Screenshot-2023-03-25-10-22-49-15-d448303990bb92d03c4d800220c6084a.jpg

Speaking of which I've put a new battery in as the one it came with wasn't rechargeable

IMG20230325085307.jpg

Dismantled some fencing. Lots of long rusted, and stuck screws, some with stripped heads in wood I couldn't budge manually. First time I've had the use my impact driver for such a purpose, it loosened them within a second or two. Noice!

Started a real man job - only because women never seem to do it as well as men.

Cleaning the shower cubicle (just having a rest at moment) - Done all the glass inside and out - used window fitters glass cleaner then polished it with dry microfibre cloth - Then did the shower panels -These are good - Cleaned them so now I am off to polish them with that caravan polish Car-Lack 68.
Seems to keep panels clean for quite a while.
It could be harder but we spray cubicle down after every shower and dry it down well with big car drying cloth.

Oh well here we go again. - I am too old for this stuff.

Nice work! What have you used around the butterfly - is that filler, or an outline piece?

And did you use a laser/CNC or all by hand?

I used a mix of my Cricut and a scalpel. For the butterfly, that's copper with mother of pearl inlay (it was very hard to do!)
I've got some in-progress photos here, so you can see how I hacked it together! ;) : https://www.instagram.com/p/CqNcjvzoGZR/

Rather daft question, but I am rather daft at times!

I assume if I'm wanting a lawn where current tarmac driveway is, I just lift and dispose of the tarmac and ensure a decent depth of top soil is laid? Any compacted hardcore which may or may not be under the tarmac is my drainage, right?

Essentially the pink spray painted area needs to be lawn, which is currently tarmac. Blue line is our new front door, green is a block wall with a flat roof attached to the house to give us an entrace porchway, yellow is a double fence doorway, orange square will be a turning point

amQbk5d.jpg

And in terms of house updates inside, check these two!

Last edited:
:cool: I bet that goes through gas fairly quick

Also interesting channel name:p
Due to getting a chronic health condition shorly after making the forge (not related) ive hardly used it, unless you're forge welding you can turn it down to around 5psi which hardly uses any gas. That bottle is about 10 years old and still 2/3 full. I imagine these days the price of propane is crazy.
The channel name is just something silly i made up when you're put on the spot to think of a character name and i just stuck with it.

Back
Top Bottom