What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
The builders that did my bathroom tiled into my bath so you get two good seals. They started tiling from a bit of stripwood after working out the layout and the hight of the bath so they only needed to do a single row of tiles with the bath in place. I was unsure about it but after seeing it for myself it made sense and you're not just relying on that single bead of silicone.

Today was tarting up the garden and protecting the back of the shed that gets hit with the most sun (lol) and rain. It was so dry I could go left to right three times without stopping to let it dry. I hate the colour but I never actually see that side.

I want to replace the decking but i've got enough on atm so we'll have to go with home bargains grey for now.
Do yourself a favour while you are behind the shed - Put some guttering along that roof to stop water coming off and splashing up bottom of shed -

Soldato
Thanks -- I'll batten the wall and I did buy some CLS to batten the front out too but used it for the tile batten. A trip to Wickes is in order anyway as I ran out of adhesive again lol.

sfpWl9T.jpg

^^ this is marble dry fitted which has confused me about doing the back in green a bit. It is a bit of a pointless niche as it isn't tall enough, so I am thinking to "hide it" versus make it a feature...

----
Would the sides and bottom look naff if they were green? Even if the back of niche is white

Last edited:
Soldato
I tidied my (tiny) workshop over the weekend, so it's ready for me to do a few projects in the coming weeks as the weather improves and the evenings get lighter.

Oh and I used my new soldering iron and helping hands to solder pin headers to an arduino nano!

Caporegime
I like it. What did you use as I need to redo our picnic bench and thats the exact colour I'm after?

Cuprinol ducksback autumn gold

Do yourself a favour while you are behind the shed - Put some guttering along that roof to stop water coming off and splashing up bottom of shed -

Not a bad idea, I'll get a water butt so it doesn't flood the side of the concrete base.

Last edited:
Soldato
Username change required for adhesivelockers
:mad:

Would the sides and bottom look naff if they were green? Even if the back of niche is white
Bottom is marble (that's glued) but sides being green might be that subtle detail I am looking for *chefs kiss*

---

3 trips to Tool Station today, gave up at work at 11am because it felt futile. Managed to get the second fix bath plumbing finalised, I have gone to the effort of hard lining which I may end up regretting.... it is probably just a click too "tight" but it is probably considerably better than most people would find acceptable. I did chance a straight bit of pipe on the 15mm but then bottled it and did an emergency trip for the 135* 15mm.

7aW9Awz.jpg

Also got the vanity and mirror in so it looked like progress.

M65tWhS.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom