What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Fitted a door trim to the Mrs' motor

1000062808-01.jpg

1000062967-01.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Fitted a wiser stat for the boiler.

Then a few paint touch ups inside and the decking outside.

Painted fence.

Still need to look at the oven, but that can wait till next weekend.

Soldato
BT1 is the worst crap ever. Never, ever, ever again. Goes on like condensed milk it is so runny. Made a right mess -- strategy is to let it try off and then get the scraper on it. Fuming as I am so close :(

Anyways, grouting done:
J9J7Stl_d.webp

mvlfnyq_d.webp

22mm to the bath taps is a game changer. It fills so quick. I couldn't shower yesterday so had a bath, epic being able to top it up with your big toe :D :eek:

Future ref if you ever have to assemble a L shape shower door -- don't "split the difference" with the metal bar vs the glass. The metal bar is meant to be snug with the top of the glass so that the bottom seal can go on without any bodging. I had to bodge as I split the diff :mad:

Just need to...
* build a frame for the side panel
* touch up a bit of paint here and there
* get some legs for the vanity / final fix it - TBC on splash back as I have a billion spare tiles
* wood ledge above toilet/side reveal
* i am going to strip down some of the leftover marble into skirting board. probably just use the leftover BT1 to attach these tho. I am so done with mixing muck
* paint the architrave/door/refit door
* plumb towel rad/wire up towel rad.

Soldato
22mm to the bath taps is a game changer. It fills so quick. I couldn't shower yesterday so had a bath, epic being able to top it up with your big toe :D :eek:

Future ref if you ever have to assemble a L shape shower door -- don't "split the difference" with the metal bar vs the glass. The metal bar is meant to be snug with the top of the glass so that the bottom seal can go on without any bodging. I had to bodge as I split the diff
the door pivots outwards/inwards so can get to the taps without wretching, or, equally sitting behind glass in the bath (like mine)

22mm - tank is obviously emptied faster by the children too - need a flow meter/hue valve.

Soldato
the door pivots outwards/inwards so can get to the taps without wretching, or, equally sitting behind glass in the bath (like mine)

22mm - tank is obviously emptied faster by the children too - need a flow meter/hue valve.
Door has full opening, it is why I offset the shower valve to the right, so you can turn the shower on without getting wet at all :)

Tank is plenty big -- even though it is the smallest (170l? iirc). So did a full bath for little one and then had a long enough shower.

Man of Honour
Finished laying the garage flooring from Big Dug that I bought last year. I've been putting it off for ages and now with the longer days I figured it's time to get into gear and finish it. Screwed up a few measurements for the corners/round breeze block pillars and ended up with no lives left at the end. But it's done now, next job now that's done along with the stronger shelving is to sort the garage out properly. Probably not the best job if you look closely but it's miles better than bare concrete.

Reactions: DRZ
Back
Top Bottom