What PC games are you playing?

I played both Witcher 1 and 2 on release so I was always going to like 3, but it’s still hands down one of my favourite games ever and holds up impressively well given it’s 9 years old now(!!)

Still trying to complete Spider-Man remastered but been sidetracked by Diablo IV now it’s on Gamepass. Enjoying Forza motorsport and sleeping dogs on the Steam Deck when I’m not on my main rig.

I felt like that after finishing RDR2 but fortunately Witcher 3 does fill that void. Incredible game,although I haven’t bothered learning to play Gwent! Ive done about 50 hours and im only 25% of the way through it.
Yeah I did not bother with most of the gwent games. Although think 1 or 2 missions need you to win the game.
Similar to you, I had also started Witcher 3 after RDR2 and Forbidden West, both of which I thought were amazing games but I'll have to say Witcher 3 blew those away in comparison. Especially given the latter is an older game.

Started playing the first person mod for ghost recon breakpoint which like wildlands just needs to be played in extreme hard mode with all hud crap off, incredible tactical experience it has to be said.

well I drifted from RDR2, still struggling to find it e joyable.

I started BG3 out of curiosity as it was next on the list but wasn't expecting to play it for a while.

I lost about 5hrs to it yesterday. I wasn't sure I'd like top down turn based but I find it quite capturing. There's a nice vibe to the game and i' eager to see what's around the next corner.

The combat is kicking my backside though, there's a learning curve there!

Helldivers 2 is taking up a lot of my time, it's the first game since the Battlefield 3/4 days that most of my friends play too.

Just got Jedi Survivor very cheaply so looking forward to getting stuck in, looks fantastic in HDR.

Also started Aliens: Dark Descent though it's fallen to the wayside as I continue to help spread democracy!

Controls can sometimes feel a bit clunky for some people, but worth powering through for story, the world, characters etc and it recently got a nice big graphics update, and you should have no problem jumping straight into the 3rd game, first 2 games are more dated looking, especially now the first, but i believe a remake of the first game is in the works so good times

Controls can sometimes feel a bit clunky for some people, but worth powering through for story, the world, characters etc and it recently got a nice big graphics update, and you should have no problem jumping straight into the 3rd game, first 2 games are more dated looking, especially now the first, but i believe a remake of the first game is in the works so good times
Great, thanks! I'll order it on pay day the.

I've not played any of the Witcher series, but really want to give them a try.

I doubt I'll have time to play them all so was going to just jump into Witcher 3. Does it feel dated at all?
It does not feel dated and if you buy the highest complete edition which is frequently on deal for 7 quid you get the free updated graphics which also bakes in some of the most used mods from community (I think). Well worth the money.

Last edited:
Would love to go back and play the Witcher 3 for the first time. You should definitely play it... I'm coming back for a play through at some point soon.

I'm looking forward to the remake of TW1, hopefully they do something about that first level/act which was a huge drag and off-putting. Does anyone know when they might release this?

Started playing once human - good and enjoyable requires a decent amount of time and commitment but will definitely purchase once released.

Next on list is ghosts of tabor just need to sort a VR headset

I decided to finally start working my way through my Steam library this year, not only to see if any of the games I'd bought in bundles were any good but also to see how many actually work on Linux. There are a whole bunch of Indie titles in the list and I've played a couple of those all the way through but mostly just spent an evening playing them and moved on to the next. I'm currently on the D's and playing Divinity: Original Sin, which I'm quite enjoying. There are a few VR only games I can't try at the moment too as ALVR keeps going from working to not working depending on the version or wind direction so titles that did work suddenly don't or vice versa. Out of the 100 or so games I've played so far there are only 3 that don't work:
  • Acron: Attack of the Squirrels!
  • Defy Gravity
  • Destiny 2
Acron is only marked as not working due to ALVR as the game does actually launch so that's probably actually a working game when ALVR matures or Valve actually get Steam Link working on Linux. Defy Gravity has never worked, which is odd for a side-scroller as all the others I've tried do. Destiny 2 used to work when it was on Blizzard's launcher but apparently Bungie don't like Linux so have blocked it.

So far so good :)

Last edited:
I’m really surprised at how Mass Effect Andromeda has grabbed me. 50 hours into it now and it’s just as good as the original trilogy. Some of the missions are very atmospheric and edge of your seat stuff.

Last edited:
Mulling over what to play next now I have a capable system again.

Need to finish Far Cry New Dawn, assuming it’s stable on my new build.

Want to try Cities Skylines 2.

Definitely keen to play some X4.

Maybe Helldivers?

Loved forbidden west on PS5, but not sure I can run through it again.

Anything else?

I’m really surprised at how Mass Effect Andromeda has grabbed me. 50 hours into it now and it’s just as good as the original trilogy. Some of the missions are very atmospheric and edge of your seat stuff.

It took a lot of flak on launch, but I think they released about 10 decent patches for it that made it pretty good by the end. Never did finish it for some reason though. I think it just struggled against what was one of the best trilogies of all time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom