What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Associate
Spent countless hours messing about with friends playing Bushido Blade, I wish it had more content but I loved what it had. Unlocking Katze took me many hours of restarting slash mode and playing so defensively! One mistake and its over!

It’s tough! I wish the controls used the sticks rather than the d pad

Man of Honour
Just had a quick blast on Desert Strike on the Amiga, damn rapier got me :mad: Also still working through Duke Nukem 3D again, on the 20th Anniversary edition on PC. Probably about the 4-5th edition I've played through.

Soldato
super castlevania
F-Zero
Axelay
Super Aleste (probably the best vert scroll shooter ever !!!)

all on SNES

going to fire up my old PS1 later in the year and give FF7 and FF8 another full play through

Associate
Unreal Tournament GOTY from 1999 (GOG).

I checked the multiplayer servers and there seems a fair few still active! I might venture later, although if its anything like some retro games (Day of Defeat Classic) the hardcore grizzled veterans are left playing; usually chew and spit casuals. :D

Even with 12 AI players on some of the smaller maps, means chaos, and great fun - just loving the simplicity and the graphics, given its age - still amazing.

Man of Honour
Currently playing three old games, albeit remade - C&C/RedAlert (OpenRA), Age of Empires HD (Steam) and Chaos Engine (Steam). Forgot how impossible Chaos Engine was!
OMG didn't know this was available on Steam for the PC. Thank you. Instabuy!

Associate
Been on a point 'n click binge recently, just been playing Gabriel knight the beast within and sam and max hit the road, along with the HD remakes of day of the tentacle and secret of monkey island :)

Soldato
OP
I completed the story mode on Puzzle Bobble 4 (AKA Bust-A-Move 4 in America) on PSOne. Really good game to just sit down and relax with. I'd actually be interested in finding a modern type game of this type.

Now currently playing through Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on PSOne.

Associate
Going on a zx spectrum phase so soul of a robot and willow pattern adventure are the two I want to play at the moment

Associate
Duke Nukem 3D patched with eduke32 and its running really well under Windows 10.

What struck me is that its no walk over even on normal difficulty!

Soldato
Duke Nukem 3D patched with eduke32 and its running really well under Windows 10.

I came here to say I am playing Duke 3D too, for the first time. Except I built a Windows 98/DOS PC for this and Heretic, Doom etc:

miijmWdl.jpg

MSI Slot 1 440BX Motherboard
Pentium III 450MHz (no fan needed)
Nvidia TNT2 (What I had lying around, doesn't really matter in DOS games and again no fan needed)
Soundblaster AWE32

The loudest part of this PC is the harddrive as the modern PSU is very quiet (I doubt the PC is using 50 watts).

Anyway having a lot of fun on DOS Duke 3D! I forgot what it was like having to search for all the secret areas in games!

Back
Top Bottom