What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Soldato
I'm on a mission to play through every Harry Potter game (minus any Lego games). Tonight I completed Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on PS1.

Weirdly enough I am on a similar mission after I realised I have done quite a few already. The problem is that the earlier PS1/PC games and ps2 games are very different for the same game title so I have to play both platforms :p and that doesn't count Gameboy ports etc. I've done:

HP1 PS1/PC
HP2 PS1/PC
HP3
HP4 PSP (but same as ps2/pc)
HP4 GBA as a bonus lol

I want to do:
HP1 PS2
HP2 PS2
HP5
HP6
HP7

weirdly HP1 ps2 came out after HP2 ps2. Wanted to make use of engine and make some more monies I guess.

Soldato
So much Jet Set Radio at the moment! It's amazing how addictive I still find it

Looking back I've only just realised how long it's taken me to finish it! Completed the final boss on Thursday night and enjoyed just as much as the first time :) really recommend Jet Set Radio to everyone

Soldato
Started Mario Galaxy last night. Not strictly retro but old enough now to be considered a game of some age ;)

It's fantastic and holds up amazingly well. I did dabble in it at the time of launch but not enough really. This will be my Christmas game

Permabanned
Been going through the Dizzy games just lately.
I will never forget the first dizzy game on the Zx spectrum. Multiple solutions to complete the game too, ingenious for its time It was amazing, C64 version was flawed with sprite detection crap and was a little too difficult. I went back to play it on my cousins spectrum.

Soldato
I will never forget the first dizzy game on the Zx spectrum. Multiple solutions to complete the game too, ingenious for its time It was amazing, C64 version was flawed with sprite detection crap and was a little too difficult. I went back to play it on my cousins spectrum.

I weirdly played Treasure Island Dizzy on the Amiga first then, once I'd played it and was hooked, looked out for the rest of them on my trusty C64.

Think I've played nigh on them all now and still jump on them time to time.

M.

Permabanned
I weirdly played Treasure Island Dizzy on the Amiga first then, once I'd played it and was hooked, looked out for the rest of them on my trusty C64.

Think I've played nigh on them all now and still jump on them time to time.

M.
Play the spectrum version of Dizzy its much better than the c64 mate :)

Soldato
Sadly the Amstrad version is the best, but I’m a speccy lad :) The Oliver Twins did all their stuff on the Amstrad then cross ported it. I saw an interview where they said they never even touched a speccy :(

Soldato
Doom and Doom 2 (I've been playing the original since it was released back in 1993).

We had a new years party so set up 4 player deathmatch on the 360 in a separate room to keep the kids entertained. None of them had seen it before and they were still playing it at 2 in the morning :D

Soldato
Doom and Doom 2 (I've been playing the original since it was released back in 1993).

We had a new years party so set up 4 player deathmatch on the 360 in a separate room to keep the kids entertained. None of them had seen it before and they were still playing it at 2 in the morning :D

That's awesome to hear. I hope my chap likes to play some games I grew up with when he's a bit older!

Soldato
Playing these two again. Both awesome games and a bargain for £5 the pair.

59vdqa.jpg

Soldato
Currently playing F-Zero GX, the n64 version is on the short list of games I have completed more than once and the sequel is brutal but surprisingly addictive! I've had a go at the arcade version as well (years ago) and wish I had this on my cube back when I bought it just to have a chance at being better at it...

Half want to call this as one of the defining games on the cube as well, seems to have everything, graphics, gameplay and replay value.

Soldato
Currently playing F-Zero GX, the n64 version is on the short list of games I have completed more than once and the sequel is brutal but surprisingly addictive! I've had a go at the arcade version as well (years ago) and wish I had this on my cube back when I bought it just to have a chance at being better at it...

Half want to call this as one of the defining games on the cube as well, seems to have everything, graphics, gameplay and replay value.

I've been meaning to grab that one. I played it a bit at the time and recall it being very tough :D

Associate
Yeah when the dancing starts getting complicated I'm lost. Sometimes frustrating trying to follow the maps. Not entirely clear.

Don
Fancied playing Diablo 2 again for some reason, so dug out my old CD's. Entered the cdkeys on my Blizzard Account and then able to download more modern installers for them.

No widescreen support or anything, (would ruin gameplay if there was), but works alright in Windowed mode, and then clicking maximize scales the window to the largest 4:3 size.

Just as good as I remember, and enjoying it far more than my last play of Diablo III tbh.

Soldato
We don't have a general "what did you get up to today" thread for retro stuff so here might as well put it here...

Last week was trying get XP onto a CF card in a pentium 4. I was wondering why a P4 board was only seeing 512mb not the full 8GB. Tried formatting it etc, only to realise it could only see 512mb because... it was a 512mb card. I've just erased my 386's DOS install. Good job :D.

This was a problem because I had loads of problems getting the original DOS install to work due to failing flopping disks and drives, so I finally caved in and bought one of these: Gotek floppy emulator.

ENfLZ7Zh.jpg

DOS has just installed with no read write errors, no praying or goat sacrifices necessary. Why didn't I buy this (£13!) months ago! Now to get fiddling and try to get my sound card working etc... eugh. Here is the PC for those that are interested:

386SX 40MHz soldered CPU
Cirrus Logic CL-GD5428 1MB
Soundblaster 32 (AWE32 based) CT3600

pdqpIpqh.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom