what tune do you want played at your funeral?

Soldato
a bit morbid this one, but i thought i would ask, as we where talking about it today at work, my choices would be

1. Adagio for Strings (the Samuel Barber version not the dance version) becuase i want everyone to cry at my send off ...

2. the theme from "The Big Top"

i know .. it just seemed fitting for my life !!

you?

Soldato
If i were to die now, i'd want Adrift and at peace by Nine Inch Nails played at my funeral. Nice song and hopefully where i'll be when i'm dead.

Soldato
Gilly said:
I was thinking of Adagio for Strings as the thread loaded :)

As soon as I saw Platoon back in 1987 I thought, "Damn, that's what I'll have played at my funeral".

As things stand now though, somebody in my family would probably play one of my recordings of Elvis songs.

Associate
GOd moving over the face of the waters - Moby

its played at the end of heat when de niro dies and its quite literally some of the best film making in history, when pacino holds his hand as he dies.

I was absolutly gutted and still am everytime i watch it and the music just cuts the emotional strings in half, the music really makes you think (at least i think) about what you have done in your life.

G

Man of Honour
It'd have to be Plug In Baby - not only because it's a decent song, but because it's the one all my friends and family remember me by as I used to play it 24/7 for about 3 years.

Soldato
Toryglen-boy said:
nah, i would need to have Sin or Eraser, if it was NIN

:)

I just find that particular song particularly nice and peaceful.

Or if i wanted everyone sad then i'd go for a warm place, such a horifically sad song, or at least it sounds like one anyway as it's an instrumental.

Back
Top Bottom