What TV shows are you currently watching

Man of Honour
I've just finished Halt and Catch Fire season 4. What a terrific series. I will miss the characters a lot and will probably watch it again from the beginning soon. The finale was great and that final scene wonderful.

Soldato
Just started watching Preacher. I'm 4 episodes in and am enjoying it so far! Next i'll start watching will probably be latest season of Billions when that starts again

Soldato
Troy: Fall of a City.

Waste of time. 'Modern retelling' that falls flat on its face. Only missing the transgender dwarf and feminist illegal immigrant to make it complete. Gave up after one episode.

Going to start Halt and Catch Fire next.

Associate
world war 2 in colour - 13 part documentary on Netflix, tremendous.
still game - just on to series 2, never heard of it until last week, really good old style British sitcom.

Soldato
Next i'll start watching will probably be latest season of Billions when that starts again
I thinks its a go Season 3 comes to Sky Atlantic and NOW TV from Thursday, 29th March 2018.
also The Americans final series : Latest/Next UK TV Air Date: 04 April 2018 at 10:00 pm
....need to restart a nowtv subscription
edit : andSilicon Valley, Season 5 - Sky Atlantic 05 April 2018 at 10:15 pm

idiculous amount of sex scenes. think i must be turning into a prude!
no it's the Americans who are, sprinkled liberally in many of their shows - last half of the Electric Dreams (P.K.D**k) series was another case in point.

Last edited:
Associate
Just started watching The Hour on Amazon which was originally aired on BBC Two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hour_(UK_TV_series)

A behind-the-scenes drama and espionage thriller in Cold War-era England that centers on a journalist, a producer, and an anchorman for an investigative news programme.

Only 3 episodes in, but enjoying it a lot. Unfortunately they never commissioned the third season even though the producers were ready with plans for a third, but viewing figures, it turns out weren't enough to get them the green light.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Godless on Netflix

A western. It's really good so far (3 episodes in).

Also continuing with The Good Place. @D3K : it does get a bit different after its so-so beginnings. And better for it.
It doesn't have great writing or acting, but the plausibility became more palatable. If it weren't for Ted Danson I would binned it after the first couple of episodes. Always got time for Sam Malone :D

Caporegime
Derry Girls is the hilarious brainchild of Lisa McGee, and Saoirse Róisín McGimpy O'Sullivan.

Set in the 90s during the Irish occupation of Northern Ireland, the show is focused on four schoolgirls from the county of Londonderry (or 'Derry', as the Irish insist on calling it for whatever reason).

A second season was confirmed in January (not a Catholic pun, I promise). Get amongst it!

:D

Soldato
I've just finished watching santa clarita diet and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Quite a few laugh out loud moments and we'll written. Hope there's a 3Rd season

Soldato
The Defiant Ones on Netflix.

Superb.

That's on my list to watch, need to watch the David Letterman interview with Jay Z also.

For me, the last few days or week have been about watching The Sopranos. I'm a few episodes into S5 now and can't believe I left it this long to watch it. Gandolfini plays Tony so well, I can literally feel all the stresses he has to put up with when he does that heavy sigh... and every time Janice Soprano is on the screen I just know she is up to no good. She is the Soprano Mother 2.0

I haven't finished it yet, but for me it's every bit as good as The Wire, and I've watched that several times over. Tony Soprano is definitely the lesser of two evils if you compare him to someone like Marlo Stanfield.

Soldato
Jessica Jones series 2. Pretty good so far. Only problem, there is a guy in it with exactly the same voice as Martin Freeman and now I've noticed it I can't take any scene he's in seriously!

Back
Top Bottom