What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Tracker which is a CBS show about a reward hunter. A guy who runs (well drives) around the US taking up cases to collect reward money. He's a loner, but is helped by a trusted team of friends. Typical formulaic stuff.

There's no overarching story. The episodes don't really connect e.g. he gets a case at the end of an episode in some random town he has to drive to, but in the next episode is a completely different case the other side of the US.

It has vibes of Burn Notice for me in so far as a the merry band of friends that help out, but isn't as witty, isn't as well written and seems even more family friendly.

It's extremely light but easy watching, absolutely zero substance at all though. Virgin River, probably has more depth to it.

I'll give it a 6/10.

Shame as they could had made it with more drama, and deeper characters, possibly had something decent on their hands.

Soldato
Have been binging The Walking Dead, almost finished season 6. Watched seasons 1-2/3 years ago but stopped for some reason, probably started watching something else and never went back. Really enjoying it. I'm a big fan of zombie games so this is basically that, but live action.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just finished Clarkson's Farm, which was very entertaining.

Recently started watching Justified, having missed it first time around. Five episodes in we're both enjoying it.

Also watching A Man in Full on Netflix and it's quite good so far.

Soldato
Nearly finished Ripley on Netflix. Very good.

For All Mankind - we're on S2 and I think as it diverges away from "our timeline" Mrs EddScott will lose interest, we shall see.

Boardwalk Empire - I've been on about this to Mrs E for ages and she finally agreed to watch it - gangster films not being her thing - but I think she likes it more than expected.

Loudermilk - first season was really good, others were OK, Ben is by far the best character.

Fallout and Halo - I watched these without Mrs E. Knew Halo would be a tough sell so didn't offer. After a couple of Fallout eps she didn't get it and couldn't take it seriously. I did try to explain, honest.

Finished Scavengers Reign - very good cartoon series. Was a shame to get to the end.

Last edited:
Associate
Finished Justified Seasons 1-6

Loved it, and rate it the best series I've ever watched. Consistent throughout, no dull episodes or padding. Just the humour, characters & setting really appealed.

Suburra Seasons 1-4 / Film

Suburra is an odd series. Released a film, then four seasons on Netflix. For season four, the name changed to Suburraeternal just to make it more confusing!

I won't say anymore, it's a good series, but if I did it again, I would watch seasons 1 and 2 and then the film.

Seeing the recommendations, it's got to be Boardwalk Empire next!

Last edited:
Soldato
Not watching, but watched - Young Sheldon
If im honest im quite sad to see its now finished, what started out as a spin off from the big bang theory grew to stand on its own two feet. Whilst it never stood out, it certainly had its moments. However ep12 & 13 of the final season were some of the best heartfelt episodes of any tv series.

Associate
Started watching "The Sixth Commandment" on iplayer last night.

Ended up watching 3 episodes, pretty decent. A very solid cast and based on the True story/case files of the controversial manipulation murders that took place in Buckinghamshire about 10 years ago.

Not usually my kind of thing but enjoyable and I'm looking fwd to the last episode.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Finished Justified Seasons 1-6

Loved it, and rate it the best series I've ever watched. Consistent throughout, no dull episodes or padding. Just the humour, characters & setting really appealed.

Suburra Seasons 1-4 / Film

Suburra is an odd series. Released a film, then four seasons on Netflix. For season four, the name changed to Suburraeternal just to make it more confusing!

I won't say anymore, it's a good series, but if I did it again, I would watch seasons 1 and 2 and then the film.

Seeing the recommendations, it's got to be Boardwalk Empire next!
I recently finished the 4th series of Fargo and thought I recognised one of the characters in it. It turns out that person was Timothy Olyphant, the main star of Justified.
Great show. :)

Soldato
Young Sheldon, 7 seasons and now over. Funny, sad, great little show :)

Although we're having a spin off of a spin off - Georgie and Mandy's First Marriage. Not sure if this will be any good.

Soldato
Just finished Shardlake, mini series on Disney+. Kind of a medieval (well, Tudor) detective story, somewhat reminiscent of The Name Of The Rose. Creepy monastery, creepier monks and Sean Bean snarling menace as Thomas Cromwell. Overall 8/10 though Eps 2 and 3 maybe plodded a bit, with the action and denouement saved for Ep 4. Hopefully they'll do some more.

Associate
Very late, but I watched The Mandalorian on Disney+.

From somehow getting Werner Herzog to play a role, to Pedro Pascals' clear love and respect for Star Wars, to
a beloved character being done justice after being almost destroyed in the terrible sequel movies
, I thought it was great overall.

People who made this loved and understood Star Wars and didn't have any kind of political axe to grind. Jon Favreau did the license justice, as an old school Star Wars fan I consider it part of the official storyline.

Back
Top Bottom