What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I was at a wedding when the best man asked all the Michael's to stand up. About 3 people did and he said, "That's the mic check done, now on with the speech". Great ice breaker for a social occasion, and this was many, many years ago!
Yeah, that's not too bad a joke, I mean not my style, but it kinda fits in and works. The Girls5Eva one, was literally just said like it was clever writing. There is no Mike in the show and they were not about to perform.

I never did make it to the end of Dexter, very rarely do I give up on TV shows but for some reason we just stopped Dexter and never bothered with the last few seasons. Not even sure why, maybe we should go back and finish it.
The early seasons were definately stronger than the later ones. I don't think it ever really got bad, until that final season (of the original run, yet to see the newest one).

Caporegime
Yeah, that's not too bad a joke, I mean not my style, but it kinda fits in and works. The Girls5Eva one, was literally just said like it was clever writing. There is no Mike in the show and they were not about to perform.
I'm enjoying the comedic style of Girls5Eva (big fan of 30 Rock and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, I think stuff Tina Fey is involved with just clicks for my sense of humour).

Associate
Have convinced the missus to watch Somebody, Somewhere so plowing through that again from the top. Need a bit of life-affirming TV before I tackle The Responder S2 and it's a truly great show.

Associate
Binged through Dinosaur on BBC iPlayer over weekend. Quietly funny show with a heart. Lead is daughter of Janey Godley, whose C Bomb podcast is amazing and moving.

Soldato
The early seasons were definately stronger than the later ones. I don't think it ever really got bad, until that final season (of the original run, yet to see the newest one).

The last couple of seasons nearly ruined the whole franchise they were that bad imo, but the newest one - well worth a watch, we thought it was excellent again.

Just started Shogun on D+, 2 episodes in and I can see why it's been raved about, brilliant so far.

1 episode left of S2 of Responder as well, enjoyed it though it's seems to have a few more plot contrivances than the first and some silly decision making by the two main coppers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I never did make it to the end of Dexter, very rarely do I give up on TV shows but for some reason we just stopped Dexter and never bothered with the last few seasons. Not even sure why, maybe we should go back and finish it.
It just got boring, repetitive then a bit silly, I didn't finish it either.

Man of Honour
Yeah gave up on Dexter after the first few seasons, watched the new one which was alright but kind of slowed in the middle and the ending was a bit meh - could have been a lot more clever with it.

Man of Honour
Sugar, Apple TV.

Colin Farrell stars as a private investigator trying to find the granddaughter of a big Hollywood producer.

Five episodes in of eight and so far it's highly recommended.

Had kind of written this one off at face value but 2 episodes in it is quite good so far.

Associate
The Veil
Disney+
2 episodes in and enjoying it, visually quite impressive.
Intelligence officer trying to determine if an ISIS suspect is a senior female commander

Caporegime
Currently watching "Red Eye" which seems to be about the extradition of a British citizen to China in the hope of keeping some international deal on Nuclear energy alive. It may well turn out to be about a bit more than that. Only two episodes in.

I really struggled with it at first. The image is extremely soft, and the sound mixing isn't great. Not sure if that is typical for ITV shows or if it's just the style of the show.

So far it seems an international version of Hijack.
We're one episode in, not bad but definitely Hijack vibes. Question is will the writing get as silly as Hijack to propel the story - quite possibly.

Soldato
I watched Other Space just recently, a comedy series set in space from back when Yahoo had a go at being a streaming service. I really liked it, a shame it only got one season but if you're able to track it down like I was I'd recommend it.

At the moment I'm watching the latest season of Resident Alien and I'm rewatching 24 season 4 and AP Bio.

Soldato
Recently finished "Under the Bridge" based on the true story of a girl in Canada that goes missing in BC. A bunch of mean girls are suspected of her disappearance.

It's a n odd one. It's set in the 90s (early 90s) and they must have spent a fortune on music rights. It's partly told through the perspective of a reporter who is returning to the town after living in NY. She's super emo, likely due to tragedy in her path.

None of the characters in it are likeable. It's kind of a sad story all around. Writing is mediocre and the characters of course do daft things. Not one to watch again, but interesting to see how the story played out.

I'll give it a 6/10 in part due to that rubbish episode in the middle that doesn't move the story forward.

Man of Honour
Quite enjoyed Sugar, which takes an interesting and unexpected turn later into the season.

Definitely a different take on the genre, but there are a couple of scenes which if not give it away heavily lean into the twist one quite early on and one around the middle. I hadn't entirely figured it out but it didn't take me by surprise.

Annoyingly I can't quite put my finger on the inspiration for the basement - definitely one inspired by a classic of the genre if not reusing the same set.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom