What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Just started watching Constantine. Missed it the first time around. It's pretty good - surprised that the effects are better than I thought they'd be!

Soldato
Finally got around to watching The Bodyguard (without anyone spoiling it) Probably the best drama the Beeb have done for years :D
was that the wrong smilie then - you watched it all, so presumably you liked it, or, it's a non-binary reply ?
presonally I did not bother to start after initial reviews

Soldato
Just binge watched 'The haunting of hill house' and it wasn't bad at all.

It started off quite strong, but as it went on they made the same mistake all horror/tv shows make these days and showed too much which removes any of the intrigue and tension. Although saying that the story and characters were strong enough to keep me interested once the horror element was lost. Some pretty good acting, especially the young kids that can often be a bit off, but they all did a great job.

It is certainly the best horror TV show I have seen so far and proves that horror can work as a TV show. Im glad the IMDB reviews are good and hope that we get more in future. I feel like films are way too short to build a decent character, so you often don't really care if they live or die.

Soldato
Started watching The First, last night 2 episodes in and looks pretty good, not really sci-fi like I was expecting but decent.
Great cast and decent budget.
watched most of the first episode - I thought the parallels, lack of ackowledgment, with the challenger disaster were in poor taste, but otherwise nothing remarkable characters were not engaging - routine. - Sean Penne excepted.

Second season of Mr avila https://www.channel4.com/programmes/mr-avila , remains a great series with feuds between the Don's responsible for the different contract killing organisations, clever plots

Associate
watched most of the first episode - I thought the parallels, lack of ackowledgment, with the challenger disaster were in poor taste, but otherwise nothing remarkable characters were not engaging - routine. - Sean Penne excepted.

Second season of Mr avila https://www.channel4.com/programmes/mr-avila , remains a great series with feuds between the Don's responsible for the different contract killing organisations, clever plots
Yeah as I mentioned later on it was totally disappointing, bland and uninspiring.

Soldato
S3 of Fringe done!

• Faux Olivia - hot.

• Cartoon characters episode - wtf/lol.

One question though (for those that can remember!). Agent John Scott, Olivia was all loved up, went bad, came good (maybe) and Scott ended up dead in a lab. Where has he gone? There has been no mention of him this entire season. No spoilers if it picks up in S4, but bit strange......unless i have missed something?

Soldato
S3 of Fringe done!

• Faux Olivia - hot.

• Cartoon characters episode - wtf/lol.

One question though (for those that can remember!). Agent John Scott, Olivia was all loved up, went bad, came good (maybe) and Scott ended up dead in a lab. Where has he gone? There has been no mention of him this entire season. No spoilers if it picks up in S4, but bit strange......unless i have missed something?
He never turns up again. They just dropped it.

Soldato
But, but, but, she he was the love Olivias life at one point, his body was on ice and so no closure for her and for the viewer it was a hint of what was to come (or not).

That's a bit poor! Oh well, ta.

Soldato
Finished 'The haunting of hill house' and loved it. Best show I have seen in a long time. Just started the new Sabrina mostly out of nostalgia, and it's not too bad, will keep it up.

The new Sabrina, anyone else thinks she looks like the lovechild of Mellissa Joan Heart and Emma Watson?

Back
Top Bottom