1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Get Some in - 70's comedy show about RAF National Service in the 50's. Some non-pc comments and familiar faces, but i caught the first episode on youtube and ended up buying the DVD (5 series).

An acquired one, but i am enjoying it!

2. ivrytwr3

Mobster

I am looking at starting Fringe - heard so many good things, but never got around to it!

3. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Season 1 is very monster of the week and I struggled to get into it multiple times. However power through and it hits it's stride seasons 2/3 then drops off in quality. The less said about season 5 the better.

Walter Bishop is amazing though, he comes out with some cracking lines and some of the things he gets up to in the lull between stories had me chuckling a fair few times.

4. MoRT489

Soldato

Where are you guys watching Lethal Weapon and Modern Family?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  5. Pighardia

Capodecina

Season 1 is good, 2 and 3 are some of my favourite TV ever, 4 has it's moments, 5 is a joke!

6. Swinbag

Wise Guy

Just finished Killing Eve which we loved.

Fancied something different so we started 'The Good Place' last night; 20 minute episodes and some pretty funny dark humour/ one-liners made for easy watching.

7. krooton

Capodecina

Stuff is restarting, so:

Greys Anatomy
    The Good Place
    Modern Family
    Life In Pieces
    Big Bang
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
    Criminal Minds
    Family Guy

8. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Mmmmmm, so with all the good tv out there, should i give Fringe a miss?

"Season 1 is good, 2 and 3 are some of my favourite TV ever, 4 has it's moments, 5 is a joke!"

Not good :(

9. Pighardia

Capodecina

I'd still say yes, definitely. Taken as a whole it is still one of my favourite shows ever. Saying season 4 had its moments is a bit harsh actually. It is very good, it just had a premise that I wasn't hoping for and it took me a while to get in to it, especially as season 3 was so excellent(still possibly my favourite season of anything ever)

Season 5 is not great though... But saying that, a mate of mine still insists it is amazing.

10. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Try and find a summary video for season 1, watch the final few episodes and dive right into season 2. Then stop at 4 as there isn't a season 5.

No...there isn't.

11. Pighardia

Capodecina

I disagree mate. Season 1 is still definitely worth watching. Some really good episodes.

As for season 5...Well, it looked interesting on paper!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  12. TheOracle

Sgarrista

Definitely watch fringe. Some episodes are amazing.

13. Vargas

Mobster

The Strain

14. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

As I mentioned above this morning, it took about 3/4 attempts for me to get through season 1 so I'm a bit down on it. However having re-read a few synopsis, there are some cracking episodes amidst the rest.

15. cheesyboy

Sgarrista

Big Mouth on Netflix

Just finished S1 in time for S2 to drop today.

It's an adult cartoon set in the lives of pubescent teens entering the world of relationships and sex. It's seriously good, very perceptive and aware.

16. Shocky-FM

Mobster

Just noticed Man in a high castle season 3 has just been released on Amazon, I'll be watching that over the weekend.

Brilliant series.

17. Chojin

Wise Guy

I just finished watching Bodyguard. It was a mixed bag - the first three episodes were excellent, as good as a TV drama gets. Great pacing, suspense and intrigue. But the last three were mediocre, feeling rushed, convoluted and with some very dodgy acting.

18. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Fringe: S1, Ep 1 watched (1hr 20mins). Excellent, really enjoyed it and didn't realise it was JJ Abrams - think i've just found my new tv show.

"How long's he been dead?"

"5hrs"

"Question him"

Wtf? :eek:

19. MookJong

Soldato

Sharp Objects - Only 1 episode in and completely sold, I have no idea where it is taking me, but it's going to be dark.

20. ivrytwr3

Mobster

I'm off sick this week, so just finished binge watching Fringe S1. Didn't enjoy the "Freak of the Week" episodes as it seems to be just a newer version of X-Files. However, i understand that this brings and shows us Walter's work and his involvement etc.

I am really enjoying the sci-fi element/background to the alternate world(s). I am hoping this will be the main focus of the remaining seasons. Explosive start to S2 (delayed traffic collision ;))

Was a bit pee'd off at the beginning of the final episode where it mentioned who the guest star was, i was like "ah! He will be playing..........". However, come the end of the episode i had forgotten that and so it was a nice surprise :D

Oh and Dunham's sister is annoying, she reminds me of Skyler in Breaking Bad. Hopefully, she either goes away or there is more to her..................