What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Finished 'The First' last night, big disappointment really 5/10
in the absence of comments from everyone else, I think they concurred.

They had channel4 controller on the radio4 today who said Jaguar Land Rover had payed money for their futuristic Evoque product placement - LOL - more bad judgement.
Maybe the Americans will watch it though.

Associate
Season 2 of Patriot dropped on Prime today and it's just as amazing as Season 1. Half way through the eight episodes already.

Soldato
Recently finished Hill House, The purge, Man in the High Castle and Parks & Recreation.

Hill house I thought was very well filmed with good acting with plenty to look out for in the background. Not that many 'make you jump' moments but still very good.
The Purge - Terrible. No likeable characters, terrible acting and nowhere near as violent or gory as I was expecting
Man in the High Castle - Series 3 was slow and I've started to lose interest in the story after seeing where its going. Shame, I liked the alternative history setting.
Parks and Rec - Just finished them all. Very very good with Ron Swanson stealing the show. The last series was very poor though.

Watched the first episode of Gotham last night but other than that not sure what else to watch

Associate
I've been waiting for this one, going to have to get on it over the weekend!

Short season of eight episodes but omg it's amazing. I finished it earlier today and i'm still in a euphoric haze from it. This show affects me on levels i didn't know i had. It's so engaging! After two seasons, this is hands down my favourite show of all time.

Soldato
Yeah, Iirc they had to put an episode out and used one they had from season 1 that didnt make the cut as a one off... Unfortunately it had a character that had been killed off in it!

Yes, that threw me, but a quick google explained that this was an error (episode from S1) and i moved on from it.

One thing that has annoyed is the Agent Scott storyline - he was a good and interesting character, biut according to some of the comments here his arc is never finished :(.

I'm currently half way through S4 and it is getting better and better. Some of the freak of the weak episodes were not as good and i just want to see the main story progress. What we have on some episodes is 41mins of chasing down the latest Fringe episode with 2 or 3 mins of main plot line progression (always a cliffhanger!)

Oh and fauxOlivia is getting hotter and hotter.

Soldato
Fringe........done! But a few plot holes and questions left unanswered.............

1. Olivia was in love with her partner agent Scott. He turned bad, turned good and then ended up dead in the massive dynamic lab at end of s1 - wtf happened to him? No further mention!

2. And the biggest plot hole, they stopped the observers as we know them and so stopped the invasion, but the whole thing started when an observer distracted walternate and he missed the part where his antidote for Peter worked - that wouldn't have happened, therefore no crossing universes, no olivia meeting alternate Peter, no daughter etc....... I think! [/Spolier]

But really enjoyed Fringe.

Soldato
I've started season 2 of The Duece... but it seems a little slow. Not really sure what the story line is supposed to be at the moment. (2 eps in)

Also started Narcos Mexico, which seems good so far. (also 2 eps in)

Soldato
Fringe........done! But a few plot holes and questions left unanswered.............

1. Olivia was in love with her partner agent Scott. He turned bad, turned good and then ended up dead in the massive dynamic lab at end of s1 - wtf happened to him? No further mention!

2. And the biggest plot hole, they stopped the observers as we know them and so stopped the invasion, but the whole thing started when an observer distracted walternate and he missed the part where his antidote for Peter worked - that wouldn't have happened, therefore no crossing universes, no olivia meeting alternate Peter, no daughter etc....... I think! [/Spolier]

But really enjoyed Fringe.
Honestly you are the only person I've ever seen complain about that Agent Scott guy... Nobody else cared about him. I didn't even remember him or his name!

Soldato
Good Girls on Netflix was enjoyable with easy to like characters and a well written story.

Just started Season 3 of Startup on Amazon, strong start to the season

Soldato
Just watched the 1st episode of 'Tin Star', available on C4 catchup. It starts with something I hate, but by the end that didn't matter at all. Can't wait for the next one.

And I'm still watching Snowfall weekly despite it being on iPlayer. I'm quite enjoying getting back into weekly entertainment fixes, but it's been increasingly hard to resist temptation as season 2 draws to a conclusion.

I've also managed not to fall out of interest (rather than love) with 'The First' on C4 yet. Didn't expect to find Penn compelling, but there's an air of unexploded bomb about him which keeps me engaged; as does a tale about the politics of spaceflight.

Soldato
Finished Trollhunters. Great show: my son (8) loved it too- he finished ahead of me, but it was good to be able to compare notes on it :D

Looking forward to the Arcadia spin of series that are planned. First one arrives just before Xmas, I believe.

Moved onto Gotham S4. I'm not into superheroes , and disliked Jessica Jones quite a lot (the only other superhero series I've tried) but really like Gotham. More of a gritty-ish crime/ cop noir than a superhero show, despite the extravagant characters . It's great.

Back
Top Bottom