What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Started season 2 of The Punisher last night. it's just in a completely different league to any other comic adaptions out there. I don't say this from the violence point of view but more from the simple humanity shown by Frank in the opening episode. I've had a few friends whinge that it was a boring opening episode, it's like they need a fight every 2 minutes or want to switch off :(

Bernthal plays it brilliantly, I can't imagine anyone else in the role would maintain the balance for a character like this so well.

Soldato
Well, actually I do find the character appealing but if you listen to Amy Poehler reading her autobiography you find out a lot about her personality and after listening to her and seeing her interviewed a lot I find her hot. There are a few women that I find hot because of their personality that most guys would say what the hell are you on about, as I say hotness for me isnt just a looks thing.

Okay, I think I get you. I suppose I was confused as what you get in the TV show is Leslie Knope personality and Amy Poehler body/looks, but I think I get you. Knowing what she's like, you then enjoy/fancy what she's doing (even if it's pretending to me someone else)

Man of Honour
Okay, I think I get you. I suppose I was confused as what you get in the TV show is Leslie Knope personality and Amy Poehler body/looks, but I think I get you. Knowing what she's like, you then enjoy/fancy what she's doing (even if it's pretending to me someone else)

Mind you, if you listen to her read her autobiography she isnt all that far removed from Knope lol. I suspect she put more than a little of herself into the character :)

Associate
Just finished Counterpart, very good, JK Simmons as usual tremendous. Decent story too, just waiting till season 2 is stacked up and ready to watch.
Really enjoying Wallander, I missed this somehow when it was first aired. Top notch acting from Kenneth Branagh. Onto the final season now, will miss it when it's done.

Soldato
Tried and failed to get into Counterpart, 3 episodes in and its a little bit tedious/dour so far. :( Will give it another go when run out of other TV.

It is slow, but that's intelligence work, It isn't Bond with car chases and explosions - more coffee shop and cake :)

But i am enjoying it, gritty and sci-fi!

Soldato
I'm just debating whether to start season 2 of True Detective or go straight to season 3. Thoughts?

Hmm, there's a very strong argument to jump right to S3. They aren't linked, so why not. You can always go back to S2 later if you wish.

I finished 'Halt And Catch Fire' last night. As others have said, it is a very good show. Some of the characters annoy the hell out of me early on, especially female Rodney, but in time they mature. There's a few weird time jumps that can catch you out too and I didn't think the ending was great, but all in all, definitely a recommended show.

Soldato
I finished 'Halt And Catch Fire' last night. As others have said, it is a very good show. Some of the characters annoy the hell out of me early on, especially female Rodney, but in time they mature. There's a few weird time jumps that can catch you out too and I didn't think the ending was great, but all in all, definitely a recommended show.

I watched S1 and while I loved the nostalgia and much of the content itself I found some of the characters and/or situations to be a bit too far "out there" so I never started S2!

Might give it another go!

Soldato
I used to really like Kimmy Schmidt, but do you not think they then make the same joke (or type of joke) over and over? I still like it and will watch the new ones that just came out, but not as much as when I first started watching it.

Soldato
Just finished Counterpart, very good, JK Simmons as usual tremendous. Decent story too, just waiting till season 2 is stacked up and ready to watch.
Really enjoying Wallander, I missed this somehow when it was first aired. Top notch acting from Kenneth Branagh. Onto the final season now, will miss it when it's done.
Just started S2 counterpart.

For me the Swedish Wallander's are the best. Both the TV show and the book adaptations with Rolf Lassgard.

Caporegime
I used to really like Kimmy Schmidt, but do you not think they then make the same joke (or type of joke) over and over? I still like it and will watch the new ones that just came out, but not as much as when I first started watching it.

Depends on the viewer I guess, there is a huge amount of wordplay and puns in it, which I love, often time it takes a few seconds for the joke to settle in my brain, which is VERY refreshing from most other comedies where the punchline is telegraphed massively, even without a laugh-track.

The comparing of children to farts in this season was amazing, we had to pause it we were laughing so much, and I have never had to pause any other sitcom.

Soldato
Depends on the viewer I guess, there is a huge amount of wordplay and puns in it, which I love, often time it takes a few seconds for the joke to settle in my brain, which is VERY refreshing from most other comedies where the punchline is telegraphed massively, even without a laugh-track.

Maybe that's it though. After so many, I am expecting it/get it right away, hence they aren't so funny to me I guess.

Back
Top Bottom