What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
The Outpost.

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this. Its story line is coherent enough and quite compelling, with a few twists here and there. There's some naivety/silliness woven in, but somehow that doesn't fatally detract from the show. I'm not well versed in the medieval-fantasy-swords genre, but I'm tempted to call this a poor man's Game of Thrones.

In the past I've tried persevering with shows like Arrow, which started out 'okay-interesting' and then became utterly unwatchable tripe, despite its relatively high-budget Sky credentials (I assume the same is true of the Flash and Super Girl spin-offs, and wasn't there another one where they go through time or something?). From what I've seen, I'd certainly rate The Outpost more favourably than Arrow at its best in the earliest seasons.

I've just finished Season 1 (available on demand from SyFy) and it's currently only broadcasting its second season. It's obviously no Breaking Bad or pre-final season Game of Thrones, but I'm enjoying it quite nicely so far.

Soldato
Dear White People watched the first epasode when I had nothing to do

Im not american so I dont know how on point it maybe but from a UK point of view, I'm not sure what to make of it, some parts seam realistic and other to me seam a little over the top and in your face for the sake of it just to make a point, so far its only one point of view ill watch one or 2 more hopefully it gets better considering its on season 3 and maybe we will see things from the other side also..

Associate
Dear White People watched the first epasode when I had nothing to do

More loaded BS dragged from the US to the UK it seems. I'm sure it'll be a secret hit like the US game show where graduates play to write off their crippling student debts - a concept for a show that would be ridiculous here but life changing in the Ayn-Rand-but-with-social-justice-States of America. Has the US refrained from doing a game show where dying patients play to get life saving surgery that'd be free in any country with universal healthcare, or have they not stooped that low yet?

Anything that serves the US mainstream media's current social agenda is utter filth as far as I'm concerned and should be quarantined to that side of the Atlantic.

Soldato
Working my way through Archer, what a fantastic show and at times, so cripplingly funny. The episode where he fires the rocket launcher in the room to open the door had me crying, Archer Vice, the whole thing is blinking genius. :D

Soldato
Working my way through Archer, what a fantastic show and at times, so cripplingly funny. The episode where he fires the rocket launcher in the room to open the door had me crying, Archer Vice, the whole thing is blinking genius. :D
I enjoyed it upto season 7 after that it became something else.

Soldato
Lay in bed hungover yesterday and started on Mindhunter, the "true" story of how the FBI began profiling and categorising serial killers. Put it on half interested but it quickly pulled me in, woke me up and binged 4 episodes straight away.

Soldato
Lay in bed hungover yesterday and started on Mindhunter, the "true" story of how the FBI began profiling and categorising serial killers. Put it on half interested but it quickly pulled me in, woke me up and binged 4 episodes straight away.
I've been meaning to watch this, having become interested in the subject after reading Jon Ronson's Psychopath test. Might try it out next

Soldato
Finished the Boys, loved it, fresh breath of air in to the superhero stuff. Moved onto the Tick, another pretty great show, absolutely hilarious at times.

Soldato
I've been meaning to watch this, having become interested in the subject after reading Jon Ronson's Psychopath test. Might try it out next

It's quite enlightening in that a lot of common knowledge even the average person has about profiling or how serial killers work came out of this area of research. Back in 1977 it was like going up against a brick wall to even get permission from the FBI to put time into the research.

Associate
Gomorra is currently filling the Dark & Stranger Things shaped holes, looked at the first episode of The Last Kingdom, was alright but didn't really grab me so is on the back burner. Need to catch up with Archer and Final Space S2 when it's about to stream on one of the usual places

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Euphoria, just finished season 1 on HBO. There has never been a better script about teenage angst and drugs committed to silver screen. Ever.
The Boys, just binged through season 1. Very good, bitter, ironic, ruthless.

Back
Top Bottom