What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
Manifest Season 4 Part 1 - Netflix.

Like many people I caught all 3 seasons of this on Netflix. It had been cancelled by NBC, but Netflix have decided to film a final season, annoyingly split into 2 parts.
This is a classic American Network procedural TV show designed to be watched weekly. If I had watched it originally, weekly, I would have given up within the 1st season, but when binged, its not too bad.

Think a cross between The 4400, Flash Forward, The Event etc. Family friendly, and barely sci-fi.

rp2000

Associate
Resident Alien. Alan tudyk plays the roles of the alien so well, I love the balance of humour vs story

Wu-Tang: An American Saga​

Even if you don't like the music, the story and actors really bring to life to the struggles they had just trying to survive

Soldato
Almost finished the 3rd season of Brassic and yet to find someone who's seen it, despite a healthy 8.4/10 IMDB rating, it's really flying under the radar.

I'd say it's one of the better home grown shows i've seen for at least a decade. A great balance of comedic moments and hard hitting every day drama.

Note to Dominic West who has a recurring bit part and really shines outside of his normal roles.

Associate
Started watching
Almost finished the 3rd season of Brassic and yet to find someone who's seen it, despite a healthy 8.4/10 IMDB rating, it's really flying under the radar.

I'd say it's one of the better home grown shows i've seen for at least a decade. A great balance of comedic moments and hard hitting every day drama.

Note to Dominic West who has a recurring bit part and really shines outside of his normal roles.
It is brilliant, and Dominic was one of the reasons the show got made. Gilgun kept telling West stories from his life to West ,when shooting Pride, which cracked West up. So West pitched the show to a producer and rest is history.
https://deadline.com/2019/10/brassi...medy-launch-in-seven-years-mipcom-1202749986/

Soldato
Permabanned
The Queen's Gambit. Was dying to see it for a long time already but never really had the time for it.
One day i decided i will take it easy, ordered my essay from these guys https://www.grabmyessay.com/write-my-research-paper and just started to enjoy the show.
I really enjoyed it and will do that now regularly in the future: delegate the things i can and spend time doing something i like.

Last edited:
Soldato
Strange New Worlds - up to episode 4 and i'm oddly enjoying it, mostly in part to Pike and Spock, their performances are pretty good, the typical 'disaster of the week' story telling works well and reminisces back to TNG times. It's got it's problems and discount Camina Drummer is annoying in every scene but it is generally enjoyable overall.

Man of Honour
Finished The Old Man at the weekend. Bridges, Lithgow and the dogs put in very good performances. The story is a little muddled towards the end but one not to be missed. Finished The Watcher last night. My wife really enjoyed this but I spent more time on my tablet then watching. It is ok but could have been done in less episodes. I'll leave her to watch series two.

Soldato
Finished The Old Man at the weekend. Bridges, Lithgow and the dogs put in very good performances. The story is a little muddled towards the end but one not to be missed. Finished The Watcher last night. My wife really enjoyed this but I spent more time on my tablet then watching. It is ok but could have been done in less episodes. I'll leave her to watch series two.
Can’t see The Watcher having a second season, what would it be about? Seemed self contained to be honest.

Associate
Really enjoyed Nine Perfect Strangers on Prime, great acting and fully engrossing storyline.
I never clicked with this, maybe I was expecting something as good as Big Little Lies, which had same author and also starred Nicole Kidman. If you have not seen that give it a go. Season 1 was outstanding, plus it introduced me to Michael Kiwanuka whose title song always haunts me when I hear it.

Soldato
Resident Alien. Alan tudyk plays the roles of the alien so well, I love the balance of humour vs story

Wu-Tang: An American Saga​

Even if you don't like the music, the story and actors really bring to life to the struggles they had just trying to survive
I recently finished Wu Tang. I'm a huge fan of their music and almost everything that Rza touches, he's a genius. I didn't think the show was that great though. If it was a story about a fictional group then I probably would have given up before the end of season 1. Glad I stuck with it though, last few episodes of S2 are superb. You are right that it highlights their struggles as young disadvantaged black men but also as unknown artists. Imagine if they had youtube back then?
I also watched of Mics and Men. Only then did I realise what an amazing job they did of the casting. Particularly Cap, Meth, Gza and especially Divine. Very specific roles from what I would imagine is quite a small pool to choose from.

Soldato
I recently finished Wu Tang. I'm a huge fan of their music and almost everything that Rza touches, he's a genius. I didn't think the show was that great though. If it was a story about a fictional group then I probably would have given up before the end of season 1. Glad I stuck with it though, last few episodes of S2 are superb.

I enjoyed it for what it was, Season 1 felt like 'The Wire'. Season 2 got cringey when RZA started talking in a Batman voice. The person that played ODB was amazing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished S5 of The Handmaid's Tale. The first 2 eps were so slow, I even wondered about leaving it... but then it picked up and I think it was a good solid season and I'm interested in the next season.

Due to the comments above, I started on Brassic. Two eps in and really enjoying it.

Soldato
The walking dead - final, final episode next week (then more spin offs though!)

Last 2 episodes before final have been fantastic. It just gets interesting again and it's finishing :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom