What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Finished the Young Ones today, both series. Loved it when I was a kid, rewatched them as a teen in the 90s and loved it again. Not as great this time round although still chuckled most of the way through even though I knew when the jokes were coming. Bambi being the absolute stand out.
Had never realised how much Rik Mayall carries the whole thing though. Wrote it too, in his early twenties. Feel like I want to change my forum name to the peoples poet. RIP to the genius.

Crop rotation in the 14th century was considerably more widespread after John.
Its excellent. Still laugh like the 13 year old I was when it came out.

'Do not lean head out of the window... I wonder why ? " ... Same episode.

Last edited:
Soldato
Constellation - first 3 episodes, what the hell am I watching??? Is it space drama, mystery/thriller or horror, I just don't know. Sadly some of the acting is full on wooden. How can they go from For All Mankind to this in terms of acting quality.

Soldato
Finished the first series of Invincible last night and I thought it was excellent. Some of the scenes throughout are just :eek:!

I did like the sheer number of famous actors in the cast too. I kept going, ‘Hang on, is that…?’ Then pausing it for Prime to reveal if I was right. ‘No way, it is!’

Fantastic :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving this too, just onto Season 3. One of the best series I watced in ages.
We just finished series 3. Really great show, love Oldman and I definitely get The Office/Ricky Gervais vibes from the guy playing River. I love it when he's exasperated and is just like "Ok fine!" :p

Associate
It loses it a little in the last season or two, but I think this is some great TV that doesn't seem to get mentioned much. I've only watched through once, but would like to go through again at somepoint.
yea...this is actually my third time watching it....Not every ones cup off tea but I think its quite funny in places, his relationship with Watson is different but good to watch.

Just watched all of The Way after catching a very brief glimpse of the kind of scene that I didn't think would exist on BBC1 at 9pm on a week day! Lol!

I actually thoroughly enjoyed it and I wasn't expecting to after reading some very scathing reviews.

Definitely won't be for everyone but I'm glad I saw "that" scene by accident because otherwise I would've missed out on some great viewing!

I binge watched 5 episodes of Bodies last night!

I knew it was by Jed Mecurio who did Line of Duty so I was expecting it to be good and so far it hasn't disappointed.

But it's not an easy or enjoyable watch at all.

It's actually one of the most stressful and sad and angering piece of TV I've seen in a long time.

Definitely don't recommend eating during it either! Lol!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished watching the Oscars Live, all four and a quarter hours of it! Jonathan Ross presented from the UK with several guests and Jimmy Kimmel hosted the actual Academy awards at the Dolby Theatre in LA. It was really good. No expense spared, a very high production show.
More entertaining than I expected, and a highlight was Ryan Gosling doing a live performance of his song Ken from Barbie. Billy Eilish won an Oscar for her Barbie song. Al Pacino was the last guest of the night and was a bit doddery so slightly messed up announcing best picture, or at least, said it rather underwhelmingly after opening the envelope. The UK swept the board and took just about every major Oscar in several categories. Americans hardly got a look in. Quite amazing actually.

Back
Top Bottom