What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Started watching Manifest on Netflix and from an intriguing start I'm 4 episodes in but just cba to carry on watching it, it's descended into formulaic episodic storylines very quickly.

What confused me though, is where is S3? Netflix is only showing S1, 2 & 4 :confused:

Soldato
After joining the club late watching True Detectives we've just finished watching S4. S1 was excellent and watched S4 as it was supposed to have references from S1, enjoyed it but thought it was a bit slow and nowhere near as good as S1. Not sure if we'll watch S2/3 as I've heard they're not as good.
S1 kind of spoils you because it was so good. For me though S3 is worth watching for sure. My personal ranking is 1>3>4>2.

Started watching Manifest on Netflix and from an intriguing start I'm 4 episodes in but just cba to carry on watching it, it's descended into formulaic episodic storylines very quickly.

What confused me though, is where is S3? Netflix is only showing S1, 2 & 4 :confused:
That the whole plane turbulence thing? Don't think we even made it out of the pilot season. It started well and interesting then just lost steam, fast.

Started watching The Enfield Poltergeist on Apple TV last night. It's pretty fun. They use the original tape recordings and have actors mime so you hear the original voices. It's quite clearly a hoax but out of all the hoaxes it's almost believable due to so many different people confirming the story.

ALD

ALD

Associate

Apparently Sky still hold the rights to show season 3.

Soldato
After joining the club late watching True Detectives we've just finished watching S4. S1 was excellent and watched S4 as it was supposed to have references from S1, enjoyed it but thought it was a bit slow and nowhere near as good as S1. Not sure if we'll watch S2/3 as I've heard they're not as good.
S1 was truly fantastic. Definitely watch S3, not as good as S1 but still excellent. S2 and S4 were poor in comparison.

Soldato
Currently watching "Red Eye" which seems to be about the extradition of a British citizen to China in the hope of keeping some international deal on Nuclear energy alive. It may well turn out to be about a bit more than that. Only two episodes in.

I really struggled with it at first. The image is extremely soft, and the sound mixing isn't great. Not sure if that is typical for ITV shows or if it's just the style of the show.

So far it seems an international version of Hijack.

Soldato
Now Shogun is done I thought I'd move over to The Gentlemen but, after seeing a few YT shorts which reminded me of how good it was, I'm binge watching Game of Thrones season 1-4 again and sweet baby Jesus (and I'm 100% sure I've said this before), it's bloody amazing!

After that I'll start on The Gentlemen :D

Soldato

I watched this a few years back. Couldn't remember where I got up to but think it was towards end of season 2 and my pass ran out (NowTV I think it was). It was above average from what I remember but not top of list

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The Tattooist of Auschwitz

As harrowing as it sounds. I could only manage the first ep, its not a show I want to binge.

Man of Honour

There are several shows with a variations on that premise as well, some of them I think based on the same story/newer takes on the same show, for some reason none of them manage to keep it interesting beyond the first few episodes despite the intriguing premise which is quite frustrating as on paper the kind of plot I'd binge.

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't watched many shows in the last couple of years. Used to be able to binge multiple shows day in day out.

Slowly going through Shogun, House of the dragon, the last two seasons of billions, Season two of invincible, and 3 body problem.

Probably 20 other shows I should have on my radar. I just watch a couple of episodes before bed now instead of constantly using my phone.

Soldato
Baby Reindeer

Christ, what a watch.
I was in two minds about that.. Dark dark show, but also messed up that the guy it actually happened to is the actor who plays the main character... I don't know how I felt about him cashing in on his own grief or whether he deserves to gain from his story like it's payback.

Weird.

I'm rewatching the US Shameless.. It's so freaking funny.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was in two minds about that.. Dark dark show, but also messed up that the guy it actually happened to is the actor who plays the main character... I don't know how I felt about him cashing in on his own grief or whether he deserves to gain from his story like it's payback.

Weird.

I'm rewatching the US Shameless.. It's so freaking funny.

Agreed, the whole thing is messed up.

Soldato
Been watching the wire from the start mainly because the old man used to work at the coroner's service in Boston and its a bit of nostalgia for him.
Bought the box set on Blu Ray in a charity shop the other day for £5.

You hear people ditching physical box sets as ‘it’s on streaming’ but platforms can remove series.

Associate
Treme/HBO - follows the lives of a group of people after Katrina hit New Orleans. Rates as an 11/10 for me along with Band of Brothers. (3rd rewatch)

For all mankind/Apple- getting towards the end of S1. Not exactly finding it gripping, but it's slowly getting better.

Monarch/Apple (godzilla nonsense) yeah...nah. I've done 4 episodes over 3 weeks and it's just crap.

Invasion/Apple - watched 1 can't see me going back.

Watched all available episodes of S3 of Clarksons Farm today. Excellent as always.

Soldato
1923. Up to episode 3. Finished Yellowstone and 1883 prior. Its ok so far, the Africa stuff seems a bit weird and out of place but will stick with it. Feel 1883 has been the best of the lot so far imo.

Back
Top Bottom