What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
I have finally got a reasonable minimal Fallout 4 VR modlist working (including FRIK) and running the game at a good, sharp resolution and a smooth frame rate.This is massively better than the Wabbajack VR Essentials modlist I had before which changed far too much and broke stuff.

I was seriously getting chills as I was walking around as this was so much better than I have ever had it working before.

Bear in mind though I now have a 4090FE, so that helps getting a good frame-rate.

The biggest difference I found in getting it to look good was to increase the render resolution in the Fallout4Custom.ini. This is what I've set it to:

[VRDisplay]
fRenderTargetSizeMultiplier=1.3

Plus I have Steam currently running at 150% resolution. I may be able to reduce that and increase the ini setting, but it's finally looking great, and playing great.

Associate
I have finally got a reasonable minimal Fallout 4 VR modlist working (including FRIK) and running the game at a good, sharp resolution and a smooth frame rate.This is massively better than the Wabbajack VR Essentials modlist I had before which changed far too much and broke stuff.

I was seriously getting chills as I was walking around as this was so much better than I have ever had it working before.

Bear in mind though I now have a 4090FE, so that helps getting a good frame-rate.

The biggest difference I found in getting it to look good was to increase the render resolution in the Fallout4Custom.ini. This is what I've set it to:

[VRDisplay]

Plus I have Steam currently running at 150% resolution. I may be able to reduce that and increase the ini setting, but it's finally looking great, and playing great.
I love the atmosphere in FO4, I've been watching the Amazon Prime show of it and it's got me itching to get back into it. I'm going to install some minimal mods, I think the Essentials mod list changes too much too. There's an AI mod for it that's just been released that lets you have conversations with the NPC's, going to install that, FRIK, couple of others and graphics mods.

Associate
Been playing a little bit of an app called Happy Run, bet no-one has heard of that! It's basically an app/game that lets you freely run/jog (or walk in my case :D) through some very nice terrain i.e. forests, trails, mountains etc. It senses you are moving by how your head moves when you walk or run and transfers that to motion in the game to make you move. I need to lose weight and get fit so it could be useful to me plus it's a nice place to be in VR, good visuals for a standalone Quest 3 game.

Last edited:
Associate
4090FE :'(

for interest.

not sure how i feel running on a treadmill in VR.. may mixed reallity
A treadmill is optional, i'm not using 1. You can also use an exercise bike. Or just stand/walk on the spot like I do.
It's got good graphics for a standalone game (no 4090 or pc needed) I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been playing a lot of Fallout 4. Installed a few more mods, including 2k textures which seem plenty good enough. (I could put the 4k ones on as I have plenty of VRAM.
:D)

I have never seen the game look as sharp and so good in VR.

Soldato
I made some progress on The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Retribution having finally received messages that the Pawn King was open. Unfortunately this has involved going on night missions and now I'm beginning to understand the hate for this game. Although it has been running fine during "day" missions (and the original game had no issues running at night) it seems to glitch and freeze when you get attacked at night, then when this clears you have been killed. The level design also seems to put hordes of zombies in your way at night, and humans who can shoot you from a distance, so it quickly gets tedious. A shame as I really enjoyed the original game and the expansion with no performance issues or the feeling that zombies were endlessly respawning.

May do a search to see if there are any tips for sorting out the glitching/freezing.

Associate

[VRDisplay]

interesting, I might give that a go thanks for the tip

Associate
I made some progress on The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Retribution having finally received messages that the Pawn King was open. Unfortunately this has involved going on night missions and now I'm beginning to understand the hate for this game. Although it has been running fine during "day" missions (and the original game had no issues running at night) it seems to glitch and freeze when you get attacked at night, then when this clears you have been killed. The level design also seems to put hordes of zombies in your way at night, and humans who can shoot you from a distance, so it quickly gets tedious. A shame as I really enjoyed the original game and the expansion with no performance issues or the feeling that zombies were endlessly respawning.

May do a search to see if there are any tips for sorting out the glitching/freezing.

This is pretty much where I'm at with that game. The night missions are crazy dark as well for me. I've not played it for ages, but I might have another go soon.

Currently getting back to "Into the Radius". Got trapped at night - the noises really heighten the tension and I was properly sweating! lol

Last edited:
Associate
There's a new cool little app on App Lab now called Hello Dot, it's basically a little pet creature in MR that you can stroke, play with, feed etc, it's quite realistic the way it responds etc and it's free.

Associate
There's a new cool little app on App Lab now called Hello Dot, it's basically a little pet creature in MR that you can stroke, play with, feed etc, it's quite realistic the way it responds etc and it's free.

Interesting, my daughter would probably love something like this. I'm guessing the Q3 version is augmented reality? If so, would the Q2 be all CGI as the augmented would look a bit nasty! lol

Associate
Interesting, my daughter would probably love something like this. I'm guessing the Q3 version is augmented reality? If so, would the Q2 be all CGI as the augmented would look a bit nasty! lol
It's ideal for children yeah, yes it's a AR app or more specifically an MR app as it uses depth pereception for dynamic occlusion etc, it wouldn't look too good on the Q2 tbh, wouldn't be surprised if it's a Q3 exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom