What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
After seeing everyone say how good Les Mills Bodycombat is I decided to give it a go. I can barely walk down the stairs now, so thanks for that :p

Yeah it's brutal! What adds insult to injury is that my new smart watch claims it's 'light' exercise!

I run so I'm pretty fit cardio wise. I like Les Mills because it exercises the bits that don't get stressed by running.

I find some of the advanced exercises really hard, especially when they make you do lots of squats, but I really do feel the benefit - along with pain, lots of pain. :D

Associate
Played a bit of Drop Dead Cabin which is a Quest 3 mixed reality zombie killing game. It's a pretty run of the mill wave zombie shooter but nicely presented and quite good fun.

Soldato
Aliens Fireteam Elite, best VR wave shooter you never knew about.

Granted there's the in between bits, but oh so addictive. Only fired it up yesterday, already stolen both afternoons.

Associate
Picked up Underdogs yesterday. Early days, but loving it so far! Not quite the full-body exercise of games like Les Mills, but it's really fun. I clearly don't spend enough time punching things IRL, because I have plenty of aches today :eek:

Soldato
I spent the afternoon in the works carpark just mooching round the PVCR classic home. Man!.... someone at oculus really had a thing for wrinkled carpets.
I cant believe how crisp it looks compared to the the mobile version.

Soldato
Is that a native VR game or is a converted one?

UEVR. One click download, download the game profile and import, one click injection when you've fired up the game. Teleport, i don't think so, but you can mess with snap turning i think.

If you've seen the alien up close in isolation, that's the visual representation on show in fire team when the warriors make a beeline for you. Game plays like a hybrid cross VR wave shooter, and old school Alien Trilogy from the PS1. A lot of fun, and having a pulse rifle in hand feels sweet.

Associate
UEVR. One click download, download the game profile and import, one click injection when you've fired up the game. Teleport, i don't think so, but you can mess with snap turning i think.

If you've seen the alien up close in isolation, that's the visual representation on show in fire team when the warriors make a beeline for you. Game plays like a hybrid cross VR wave shooter, and old school Alien Trilogy from the PS1. A lot of fun, and having a pulse rifle in hand feels sweet.

Thanks, I think I'll give this a bash.

Soldato
Recently finished Resident Evil 4 VR which was really good and surprisingly long (in a good way).

Now started Jurassic World Aftermath and I must admit I'm not enjoying it as much. It's a much newer game but the cartoon style is a bit too basic for my taste and despite being a custom VR title, there is very little interaction with your surroundings. So far it's mostly following a script and hiding in lockers and under tables, like a not so scary version of Alien isolation.

Soldato
Finished Jurassic World Aftermath collection. The best thing about it is the audio as it has good sound FX and voice acting. Overall it felt like a hard slog and I wouldn't really recommend it. Too much of the gameplay consists of you being sent on a fetch quest (typically to get a code or key card to get into the next secure area) which should only take a few minutes but actually drags on for half an hour, because wherever you go a velociraptor magically appears and kills you or traps you in a hiding spot for ages whilst it patrols the area you are in. Rinse and repeat.

Associate
Been playing Bootstrap Island via Steam on my Quest 3.

Its basically a Robinson Crusoe survival game, but well worth a look though.

Cheers All

Soldato
Completed Red Matter. Essentially an interesting puzzle solving game with a good looking sci fi setting. A bit on the short side, but at least it didn't overstay its welcome with a tedious game mechanic like Jurassic World Aftermath.

Had to look up the solution for one part of the game, as I was struggling to even find the actual puzzle that needed to be solved!

Last edited:
Soldato
Completed Red Matter. Essentially an interesting puzzle solving game with a good looking sci fi setting. A bit on the short side, but at least it didn't overstay its welcome with a tedious game mechanic like Jurassic World Aftermath.

Had to look up the solution for one part of the game, as I was struggling to even find the actual puzzle that needed to be solved!

on to red matter 2 then :) ment to be better.
i've er.. not made it past the airlock inside front door... the floating barrels put me off.

Associate
Have had the Quest 3 (first VR headset) for a couple months now and have mastered the golfs (walkabout and Golf+) but it's a really different method of playing especially as I'm now trying to get in to Ghosts of Tabor. I actually thought it was a single player shooter and it's very not and I am bad.. must get used to actually VRing and moving and turning myself around to play this VR stuff.

Associate
Been playing fallout 4 vr for the first time, never played any of them but loved the series. Heavily modded and my network is failing under the pressure of streaming to the quest 3 and any other network traffic, so have ordered a new router which should hopefully resolve the issue

Back
Top Bottom