1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doran, 21 Apr 2008.

1. 2StepSteve

Soldato

As I'm only 7 months in to ownership, it'll be covered by the 5 year warranty.

Damn, still in warranty?

2. dod

Mobster

No, mine is about 20 years old, nice watch but in need of a proper service sometime. It's a 175.0032.1, the reduced, automatic but even if you've worn it all day it can be stopped by morning.

[​IMG]

3. 2StepSteve

Soldato

Nice, should put it in for a service, but I understand why. It's eye watering to do so out of warranty.

4. Richdog

Caporegime

I was looking at one of these too, shame I didn't buy 6 months ago before prices shot up. If I were you, and taking into account the value of the watch, I would get a non-official service somewhere. https://swisstimeservices.co.uk/our-brand/omega/

5. dod

Mobster

6. Chewie

Hitman

Still nowhere near as good as your pictures Mrk but I have to say I'm pleased with the result on these ones :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Dec 2021
  7. mrk

Man of Honour

8. dLockers

Sgarrista

100% rate these guys.

9. dink

Hitman

I dont suppose you’d mind sharing where you got the strap from please ? Ive had my eye on this watch for a few days now and your pic pushed me over the edge!

10. mrk

Man of Honour

11. dink

Hitman

Thank you

12. Chewie

Hitman

Lovely combo between the dial and the strap, really like it ;)

13. mrk

Man of Honour

It's my first proper Seiko and the more I wear it the more I seem to like it. Definitely the dial that does it for me. If it had any other dial I'd have skipped it entirely but it's also very comfortable to wear with this strap :cool:

Something 38mm with a Spring Drive movement is the only thing left for the collection now really but having spent some time looking... seems I may be out of luck as most appear to be GS Quartz, even though they are rather excellent in themselves but it's no Spring Drive.

14. hughtrimble

Mobster

Try and visit a GS boutique - they tend to wear smaller than their dimensions suggest due to the overall design, especially the lug angles and the location of the spring bar holes.

15. mrk

Man of Honour

Knightsbridge store it is then one day :p

16. dLockers

Sgarrista

Chaps, what strap should I get for the Speedy? I'd love the new 2021 strap but I hear it is something like €800?

I have followed this article:
    https://www.fratellowatches.com/forstner-president-1450-omega-speedmaster-bracelet/#gref

Which scratches the itch, but when I YouTube a video it points me more so here:
    https://www.uncleseiko.com/products/us1450-president-bracelet-for-the-omega-speedmaster

I imagine neither are easily available in the UK so Christmas may be out of the question but do you guys have any thoughts?

17. [email protected]

Wise Guy

My Seamaster 300M is due its first service soon I think, anyone had it done recently and knows the approx cost and timescales?

18. dLockers

Sgarrista

Is it showing signs of needing it? Mine is 5 years strong and as good as day one.

19. Bear

Capodecina

£450 from Omega, dont know how long it takes though but give it a month

20. hughtrimble

Mobster

They've always been extremely happy to help when I've gone in, with me making it clear I'm not buying then and there and trying on both GS and base Seikos.
    Have a look at Forstner - they do a variety of Speedy bracelets

https://forstnerbands.com/