What watch do you wear?

I'm sure it will go fine but adverts like that always put me off, same on car ads as well, why don't they hoover the mats before putting pics up or clean the car?

Good luck :)

That Seamaster looks genuine to me. It's generally the pip placement and the blue colour that are off in the SMP300 replicas, both of which look good from the (slightly blurry) photos.

Absolutely. I still don't understand why the replicas aren't better for that particular model (a good thing, no doubt). For reference, this is my replica PO:

The quality of these is excellent - no obvious tells other than the pip. I use it instead of my genuine SMP for boozy nights out or if I'm going overseas.

It's so people like me can sit on eBay all day looking for them!

That's lovely Cosimo! Was that the 38 or the 41mm? I'm going to see how long I keep it, as I'd love a black bezel, but you know, I'm sure this will keep me occupied for a few months.

EDIT: Yea, you can tell can't you? Mind you, yours is a decent pic ha Some of the fakes I've held have been pretty good. I have a "replica" Vacheron Constantin, China special, that a mate got me from over there and even the auto movement is pretty damn good looking!

Last edited:
That's lovely Cosimo! Was that the 38 or the 41mm? I'm going to see how long I keep it, as I'd love a black bezel, but you know, I'm sure this will keep me occupied for a few months.

It was the 41mm:

omega3n.jpg
omega4h.jpg

I wouldnt have even got mine from a website for the sake of saving £150 ish.

High street store (John Dyson) for me.

Watch out when buying online for the red paint dot on the back (if removed/broken then its been opened) and small serial number - with matching invoice, papers and cards

High street store (John Dyson) for me.

Watch out when buying online for the red paint dot on the back (if removed/broken then its been opened) and small serial number - with matching invoice, papers and cards

There will be a blue dot it has been serviced by Omega. Omega bracelets also have a code number stamped on them.

This is useful for spotting fakes:

http://www.chronocentric.com/galleries/rogues_intro.shtml

Is it personal preference on how loose to wear a watch? I can fit my thumb under the strap of mine when done up and can just move it around to the other side of my wrist (rotate)

My only issue with it being this loose is when at the gym doing pressups forces the crown into my hand

(might get half a link removed)

On the seiko's bracelet I have on today I can fit my index finger under the clasp, but probably not run it all the way. I find when I have them that loose it gets in the way. I also get the crown thing on my Zeno chrono if I do something with varied wrist movement. (Not left handed rubbing one out, but I'm sure that would have the same effect.)

I was just really jealous that everyone else kept posting theirs and I posted up a 20quid seiko 5! haha

In my opinion I hope to have a bargain, if all goes well.

(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mens-omeg...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557)

They seem to go from 1450-1900EUR - if there is anything untoward, I'll just claim through paypal and get it back in case, but comes with papers and everything, so hoping so.

What a strange advert! Seems more interested in proving authenticity by showing all the gubbins that came with it than showing the state of the watch itself! No idea where all the stuff is that came with mine.

For that sort of money I would rather have an in house movement. Dad has a Portuguese and I like it a lot but the thought of a 7750 ticking away in there is not as exciting as something a bit more rare.

Fair point. Thankfully, when I went to have another look later on I managed to forget my wallet and the pull of owning an IWC has waned over the weekend. In fact, I've gone from one extreme to another by liking the look of a Parnis Top Gun "homage" retailing for around a hundredth of the price of the Spitfire.

What a strange advert! Seems more interested in proving authenticity by showing all the gubbins that came with it than showing the state of the watch itself! No idea where all the stuff is that came with mine.

Just what I thought to be fair. I'll have to make sure everything matches the paperwork and serials and it's not a rouse. Either way, you know, power as the buyer should be on my side. One would hope.

Just what I thought to be fair. I'll have to make sure everything matches the paperwork and serials and it's not a rouse. Either way, you know, power as the buyer should be on my side. One would hope.

Definitely worth a punt especially at that price for what is essentially a new watch. And Joe has an honest face!

[edit] scrub that - he gave 4 stars out of 5 for The Dave Clark Five Hits and Neil Young Greatest Hits albums. Clearly a complete loon.

need an everyday watch for work.

Looking to spend £100-£150.

The seiko SGEF79P1 is on offer on the rain-forest site at the moment for £55 with 33% off.

Anyone has something similar? What others should I be looking at for £150?

Cheers

Edit - decided to spend some more and go for a nice watch immediately instead of buying cheaper ones (2 posts down)

Last edited:
The new 'Orient Star Standard Date' looks really nice for those wanting a classic looking watch but not wanting to pay extreme amounts:

1zgrQ8s.jpg

In other news, thought my Hydroconquest bezel was faulty until I realised it is 120 clicks not 60. Strange since they don't mention this anywhere. Nice surprise :)

Back
Top Bottom