What watch do you wear?

I've brought this out of hiding

wp201305310031.jpg

Is that Jackson or Getat?

What purpose does the certificate serve once you sent it off and be tested?

You don't send your watch, you request the COSC certificate. It is just for interest and will show the test results for the movement before it is used in your watch:

The certificates arrive inside a clear plastic housing, with a sturdy cardboard backing to protect them during transit. The certificates themselves are printed on heavy parchment, and are both highly legible and attractive – suitable for framing. The certificates are printed with testing results expressed in four different languages – French, German, Italian, and English. Beginning on the far left side of the results grid you can see the testing day (days 1-15), the temperature of the movement during the test, the positions tested, the daily rates at each temperature and position, and the variances of the daily rates. The certificate also shows the date on which the testing was completed, the stamp from the COSC lab which performed the testing (both my watches were tested at the Le Locle facility), and the signature of Director of COSC.

More:

http://www.cosc.ch/portrait.php?lang=en

:)

The movement is a unitas, from my supplier in Switzerland, the dial is from Lumtech, the hands can't remember, the case ebay, the strap Toshi.

My watch is running 5 seconds ahead every 24 hours so I'm going to open it up and regulate the balance. Is there anything specific I need to be aware of before doing this? I know this is within accuracy limits but I'd prefer closer to 0 seconds.

Have a look at this:

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2339

proceed with caution!

Are you talking about your new Longines? If you bought it new you may not want to tinker/void warranty, also with a diver you would want to pressure test.

I never check watches for accuracy (unless wildly off like the Reverso I recently bought for my dad) and think that works for me. I rarely wear the same watch 2 days in a row so they normally need setting when I put them on.

Hmm in that case (pun not intended) I'll steer clear of doing anything and just re'sync once a month cheers :-)

+5 a day is not worth the risk and is within regulations so I'll leave as is.

Is that your Longines mrk? or did I read you have a Tag Monaco?

If its new (as above) I wouldn't open it. Also, my Seamaster was gaining 6 seconds a day. I asked the sales-man in the shop last Tuesday if this is OK and he said something like "That is fine, it will settle to your body's natural rhythm" I though that sounded like a crock of poo but strangely its now showing as only +8 seconds from when I bought it a week ago. +1 second a day is damned good. I did not wear it from fri morning - sunday morning though. It must slow down when not being worn and generally gain when moving

I asked the shop and the Chronometer cards no longer are sold with watches apparently. I have emailed Omega to see how I get them (card and certificate)

Yeah it is the Longines, I will monitor over another week then!

+5 a day is fine I guess, I should stop checking accuracy by re syncing for a while and see what it settles to.

Anyone has experience with something similar to this Hamilton or this one?

I saw it in MIB3 and it's got a unique style and will not break the bank... just don't know if it's 'smart' compared to a grand seiko and I've never had anything of that shape!

I don't know which one of the above I like the most!

Still cant get it open, im rubbish!
It looks easy in the video too

Edit - got it. I was pressing up against the bit that folds in. Easy to do now (love how the mechanism works)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom