What watch do you wear?

I totally nearly bought something else. Again, it was the right price, but I still have that paypal issue, so didn't want to dick the dude about.

Was a 1958 Rolex Oyster Royal, didn't sell (bad ad) and that was at 650quid.

$(KGrHqFHJEIFGNPPK6k(BRpK(gDTug~~60_12.JPG

Totally would have had that. Even to flip it!

Anyone has experience with something similar to this Hamilton or this one?

I saw it in MIB3 and it's got a unique style and will not break the bank... just don't know if it's 'smart' compared to a grand seiko and I've never had anything of that shape!

I don't know which one of the above I like the most!

I have a Hamilton, it's neither of those models though. Either way it's not missed a beat in the year I've owned it and I still love it. :)

I have a Hamilton, it's neither of those models though. Either way it's not missed a beat in the year I've owned it and I still love it. :)

Hi Phate... yes yesterday I searched through this thread yesterday and saw your Hamilton... WOW looks great!

It's definitely in my shortlist now... I don't know if I should get bracelet or leather strap though!

I also like this one. I gotta say Hamilton make some beautiful watches!

I also need a good shop in Glasgow or Edinburgh (since I'm not from UK and will be in Glasgow and Edinburgh in August)!

Last edited:
Hi Phate... yes yesterday I searched through this thread yesterday and saw your Hamilton... WOW looks great!

It's definitely in my shortlist now... I don't know if I should get bracelet or leather strap though!

I also like this one. I gotta say Hamilton make some beautiful watches!

I also need a good shop in Glasgow or Edinburgh (since I'm not from UK and will be in Glasgow and Edinburgh in August)!

always buy bracelet. even if you plan to have it on a strap buy a bracelet, it is usually far more expensive to buy an oem bracelet separately rather than with a watch

Slightly off topic but...

I've had my watch just over a year, and it's looking pretty grubby !

Just general dirt between the links... Anyone got any tips on how to clean it? :l

Was debating getting an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, if anyone has experience of these?

Any advice appreciated, thanks !

Nice! Although...

This OFFICER'S watch will be delivery in a special packaging with an exclusive pocket knife matching with the dial color and pattern of the OFFICER'S timepiece.

I can't be the only one who smirked :D

Edit*
Browsed their watches, properly liking this: http://www.victorinox.com/ch/produc...llections/Infantry/Infantry-Mechanical/241565

Slightly off topic but...

I've had my watch just over a year, and it's looking pretty grubby !

Just general dirt between the links... Anyone got any tips on how to clean it? :l

Was debating getting an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, if anyone has experience of these?

Any advice appreciated, thanks !

Just get a small craft brush with soft bristles and brush in the bracelet link bits under soapy water?

Last edited:
149 :o^

I've ordered a dark blue Hirsche Osiris leather strap for my watch for when I want a different look having seen pictures from others on their hydros recently.

I already have a good quality deployment clasp so it worked out cheap enough to be worth a go.

Please keep us updated on this one. :)

Dear [me],

Thank you for your correspondence regarding your Omega watch.

I have noted your comments and can confirm that the “Chronometer Certificate” card is no longer issued with our watches. The information confirming that the watch is chronometer can be found on the "Pictograms" card and you can also find the mention "Chronometer" on the dial of a COSC watch.

I trust the above has helped to clarify matters and should you require further information please contact our service department on 0845 899 0086.

Kind Regards,
[her]

I have emailed back;

Hi [her],

Thanks for the reply. Do Omega still send out COSC certificates (papers not cards) as detailed below?

http://seamasterreferencepage.com/srp/featured/ordering-your-cosc-certificate-from-omega/

If so, please let me know and I will provide pictures warranty card, pictograms and receipt from Omega Boutique in Leeds where I purchased the watch new last week

Regards
[me]

Hirsch strap arrived, fitted :)

9Qx7zcd.jpg

NbZ7Osn.jpg

2hoWhDT.jpg

xmd6C2q.jpg

I was not a fan of the leather on the Tissot PRC 200 but this works just fine and is more comfortable. I'll cycle between bracelet and leather every now and then and it should mean the bracelet gets less scrapings off desks etc at work. Colour matches too :D

I think that strap looks great. I'm after a similar blue HIRSCH for my Omega Seamaster and that colour looks like it would match perfectly.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom