What watch do you wear?

What do you guys think of Royal London watches? I'm not a big enthusiast of watches but would find one useful. I like the look of a lot of their watches. I'd like a watch with a leather strap and simple but perhaps elegant analogue face. I'm willing to spend about £50. I know it's not much :p.

Honestly have never heard of Royal London.

I never buy watches as I like tinkering more than shopping but I just bought my first not made by me watch in a long while. It is Precista PRS50 bought used through TZ-uk. I saw one ages ago at a watch meet and have had a fancy for it. It's an homage to the early Fifty Fathoms no rad. Have also ordered three custom straps from Steveostraps. Now to wait!

As nice as the Planet Ocean is, personally I'd be looking for something a bit more unique/special. I see an awful lot of PO's and if I was spending that much on a watch, I'd want something a little more unique.

Same reason I didn't really look into them that much either and why I just had to have the Longines when I saw it as it stands out, has a unique look, is rarer and that makes it a bit more special even if it isn't as expensive.

I'd love to own the Tag Monaco as well one day.

One day...

I'm a huge fan of the PO. Aside from paying for the name, you get a lot for your money with the 8500 PO; namely an in house movement, ceramic bezel, 4 year warranty and superb finishing. IMO its not made to look special and I suppose doesn't feel that special because it is a popular watch, but its more built for purpose.

Discontinued model. I paid £2050

It isn't discontinued according to Omega's website, thank goodness.

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/300-m-diver-chronometer/21230412001002

It is the best looking Seamaster ever made. I don't like the ones they do with a smooth dial and the altered font on the bezel. They're too Submariner like.

I want to buy one, and though I have the money, I can't bring myself to drop over two months wages on a watch. At least not yet.

It isn't discontinued according to Omega's website, thank goodness.

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/300-m-diver-chronometer/21230412001002

It is the best looking Seamaster ever made. I don't like the ones they do with a smooth dial and the altered font on the bezel. They're too Submariner like.

I want to buy one, and though I have the money, I can't bring myself to drop over two months wages on a watch. At least not yet.

I would maybe contact them as the new model does not have the wavy dial and I think it has a ceramic bezel.

In the shop (John Dyson) it said 'discontinued model'

Do it, its better than it sitting a crappy low interest ISA. I have read Omega are upping prices and general brand image - maybe it will be worth more in 5 years. In 2007 a SMP was around £1700. Now they are more like £2400 retail! stuff the ISA, maybe aswell have something nice that gains value too

Last edited:
Do it, its better than it sitting a crappy low interest ISA. I have read Omega are upping prices and general brand image - maybe it will be worth more in 5 years. In 2007 a SMP was around £1700. Now they are more like £2400 retail! stuff the ISA, maybe aswell have something nice that gains value too

The new ones cost more, but that's not really the same as the second hand old ones commanding more £££, is it?

I like it. I'm a big fan of Seikos. Here's my latest squeeze.

gf2f7265e.jpg

Your arm is hairier than mine.

Photo%2011-12-2012%2010%2006%2009.jpg

Do you have to send off for the Chronometer card and certificate? My watch came with a pictogram card and international warranty card but no chronometer card or COSC certificate

Just had this email from Amazon (I guess because I've bought watches via them before is the reason why I'm getting watch recommendations in mail shots).

Anyone wanting to get a Tissot/Rolex/Seiko/Longines/Omega lookalike diver but with Swiss Quartz movement at under £100 might want to check these out, the user reviews seem very favourable especially as some are from people who have expensive watche.. One guy timed it to +3 seconds over 2 months accuracy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_224870_29886440_pe_b1/?ie=UTF8&node=6896164011

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom