What watch do you wear?

Have my precista on a rather nice new strap made by Steveostraps from an old parachute bag:

uvo2.jpg

Ordered this understanding it would be 4 weeks+. Showed up in 2.

Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military on Phoenix admiralty grey nato.

First Steinhart, and impressed given the price point.

P1000957.jpg
[/IMG]

I just bought a PRC 200. It was from amazon but from a seller and fulfilled by amazon. The seller has around 1k + reviews. However I'm always suspicious, especially with watches.

Can anyone give me some pointers to confirm whether it is real or not?

thanks

Last edited:
I just bought a PRC 200. It was from amazon from a seller but fulfilled by amazon. The seller has around 1k + reviews. However I'm always suspicious, especially with watches.

Can anyone give me some pointer to confirm whether it is real or not?

thanks

Post close up pics of side, face and back and I'll compare with the one I bought.

what's the opinion on Raymond Weil quartz movements?

was sorely tempted by this today. Shop had it for the recommended price; this is the cheapest I've found it but I can't help feeling it's still overpriced.

Doesn't matter how much it costs. It's the perceived value to the name. If it's a big name it will get faked. Even Armani watches get faked just because of the name. Even if they're absolute rubbish internally.

At £200~ A PRC200 might be cheap but it's got a very good movement.

Post close up pics of side, face and back and I'll compare with the one I bought.

Thanks - I will do tomorrow.

it's a ~£200 watch. is there really a market for fakes of these?

I went for the blue one - it's priced at 300 - 350 in all the high street retailers. I got it for 280.

There's definitely a market. There are loads of entries on google of people ending up with fakes, and the fakes are really good which ends up making it more difficult to distinguish.

Back
Top Bottom