What watch do you wear?

Just asking if people posting pics of watches from marketing could also include the price! I just spent half an hour sourcing that Blancpain Fifty Fathom Bathyscape only to find out it's a little out of my budget! :p

FWIW, I have a Tag Link Chrono and while the internals may well be overpriced, they are instantly recognisable and the Link bracelet is the best I've ever owned. YMMV.

Hamilton_viewmatic.jpg

New addition, managed to get it for around 30% off.

Last edited:
Depends on my mood.

Terrible pic...

Omega Seamaster auto 2001
Omega Constellation... bought 2002, made 1968...I think
Oris TT 2004
Rolex Submariner 2008

Casio Frogram 1000 series
Casio Riseman

Last edited:
That's a lovely watch!

Do you have a link?

Thanks! Aye it's the HAMILTON Jazzmaster Viewmatic (H32545555) however I bought the last one from Watchshop who were doing 20% off with another 6% code and 6% cashback so you may have to hunt around a bit for a similar price. I was also looking at the H32616553 and the H32576515 but they were a fair bit more expensive.

I should say it was the last in rose gold, they do various other versions, I think someone on an earlier page bought the silver one.

Last edited:
Some stunning watches here: https://www.facebook.com/girardperregauxwatches?sk=timeline

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/in-depth-the-girard-perregaux-constant-force-escapement-explained in particular!

GPConstantEscapement-13.jpg

Beautiful (and technologically excellent) engineering.

Here's how their Constant Force movement/system works (worth reading the first linked article first!):

So in effect this movement provides power for a full week :eek: and has precise timing.

I guess everyone can strike it off the shopping list as well: $100k :eek:

Last edited:
Anyone seen the new SMP Ceramic? It's making me think twice about the PO, gorgeous!

Going to try both on next weekend :)

Went to sort out an issue with vpn for a contractor today and whilst chatting away as I'm sat at his desk he asks "what's the rating on that then", I look up to see he's gazing at my watch.

Turns out he's got a Seamaster Pro with a blue bezel and dial. Said he's had it over a decade and paid 1200 for it new from abroad. He's had a bracelet link pin break on it once and the clasp replaced due to failure. Looked quite nice and not too much bigger than my Hydro.

Still prefer the face on mine though!

Nice to have a watch person about the office for a change.

Went to sort out an issue with vpn for a contractor today and whilst chatting away as I'm sat at his desk he asks "what's the rating on that then", I look up to see he's gazing at my watch.

Turns out he's got a Seamaster Pro with a blue bezel and dial. Said he's had it over a decade and paid 1200 for it new from abroad. He's had a bracelet link pin break on it once and the clasp replaced due to failure. Looked quite nice and not too much bigger than my Hydro.

Still prefer the face on mine though!

Nice to have a watch person about the office for a change.

Dial

Back
Top Bottom