What watch do you wear?

I'm going to buy the cheapest watch I can find, wonder if eBay has any 99p wonders... No real reason,. just because.

I'm a terrible urge binger - such an awful and expensive personality trait :(. A few years ago it was "luxury" watches when in a matter of months I made my way through Rolex, Breitling, Omega etc - thankfully avoiding the truly expensive brands! Of those, all that are left are a Rolex number 1 son seized and an Omega that occasionally sees the light of day.

But my current itch is for cheap/reasonably priced watches - which is much better! I'm waiting for a few to appear from various places and will post up in due course. I've not bought a 99p watch yet but did get a Chinese thing for £1.99 which worked a treat for number 2 son's outdoor pursuits.

I'm a terrible urge binger - such an awful and expensive personality trait :(. A few years ago it was "luxury" watches when in a matter of months I made my way through Rolex, Breitling, Omega etc - thankfully avoiding the truly expensive brands! Of those, all that are left are a Rolex number 1 son seized and an Omega that occasionally sees the light of day.

But my current itch is for cheap/reasonably priced watches - which is much better! I'm waiting for a few to appear from various places and will post up in due course. I've not bought a 99p watch yet but did get a Chinese thing for £1.99 which worked a treat for number 2 son's outdoor pursuits.

I am like this. It's painful.

I'm similar I guess although I know where the line is to be drawn. Saying that, had I not gone through several watches before getting the Longines I could have bought a used Rolex or an Omega in a style I actually do like.

That would have meant not having an experience with the ones I have had though...

I think in seriousness a cheap skeleton watch to muck around with, open it up and see how it all works is a good plan.

I think in seriousness a cheap skeleton watch to muck around with, open it up and see how it all works is a good plan.

Absolutely. I'm still trying to source a dirt cheap Seiko diver that runs for more than half an hour so that I can mod it. Parts and tools are ready and waiting.

Am I being completely anal in not being able to bear looking at your Omega with the bezel not lined up correctly? :eek:

rps20130612_131841_791.jpg

Your head spinning? :-P

Haha. Nah, i forgot to change it and did after i noticed in the photo. I use it to time cooking and sitting in the sauna (and swimming lengths)

SAUNA!!!!! are you nuts?

you will ruin the gaskets and could destroy your watch, what makes you think a watch is designed to survive temps of up to 90 degrees C?

you wont find me wearing anything other than a g shock, in there ;)

SAUNA!!!!! are you nuts?

you will ruin the gaskets and could destroy your watch, what makes you think a watch is designed to survive temps of up to 90 degrees C?

you wont find me wearing anything other than a g shock, in there ;)

Saunas are 90f though (35-40c). Surely if they are 90c people would come out with second degree burns?

Either way, my locker has been broken into twice so its not staying in there!

Saunas are 90f though (35-40c). Surely if they are 90c people would come out with second degree burns?

Either way, my locker has been broken into twice so its not staying in there!

An SMP is tested at extremes far above what it would be subjected to in a sauna...while I wouldn't trust every watch, something like an Omega will be fine. The thing about a Sauna is the humidity which increases the real temp far above 35c.....but your Omega would have been tested at higher than sauna temps for at least 48 hours so 30 minutes in a sauna shouldn't give you too much bother....you might want to simply not wear a watch to the sauna though.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom