What watch do you wear?

@mrk...

Is this your Longines? How much did you buy it? And I assume it's an automatic?
That is the watch I am looking to buy at the moment.

This is also nice... but I think it's a bit too much for me as it seems 'crowded'.

Opinions?

The first one is the same as mine but mine is 39mm whereas that is 41. They did 2 sizes of that HydroConquest with the 39 being hardest to find in stock. Mine is an auto yeah, same movement L633 caliber which is the ETA 2824.2. I paid £790 for it. The quartz is a lot cheaper but nobody wants that :p

I don't like the updated model in the 2nd link, it's lost the simplicity and become too busy. Shame as the new version has the column when movement which appeals to some folk.

The first one is the same as mine but mine is 39mm whereas that is 41. They did 2 sizes of that HydroConquest with the 39 being hardest to find in stock. Mine is an auto yeah, same movement L633 caliber which is the ETA 2824.2. I paid £790 for it. The quartz is a lot cheaper but nobody wants that :p

I don't like the updated model in the 2nd link, it's lost the simplicity and become too busy. Shame as the new version has the column when movement which appeals to some folk.

Yeah I agree, there is too much going on in a small dial...

Regarding the one you have (which is the one I am leaning on atm, the other one being this one), after how many years do you get it serviced? And do you have to send it to Longines directly?

Also, where did you buy it?

Oh... and need to decide... blue or black :p

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, there is too much going on in a small dial...

Regarding the one you have (which is the one I am leaning on atm, the other one being this one), after how many years do you get it serviced? And do you have to send it to Longines directly?

Also, where did you buy it?

Oh... and need to decide... blue or black :p

Thanks

Both blue and black have the sunburst dial so look really nice under sunlight or direct lighting. The blue is not as bright blue as the stock photos make out, it's more of a dark navy blue which glistens under lighting, the bezel likewise.

I chose the blue because it's a nice look (IMO) and looks higher quality when you catch the light on those blue bits than plain black (which is also more common) :)

I got it from Jura Watches who had one in stock, got lucky!

Longines have a whole page dedicated to FAQs about servicing and maintenance, they also say what each service involves. Check it out here:

http://www.longines.com/faq

That Hamilton is nice but I don't think it's the kind I'd go for, bit too shiny shiny if that makes sense, that Nomos I posted recently is my level of minimalist for a non dive bezel watch :D

Edit*
Worth mentioning that in the flesh you could very easily mistake it for a mid 4 figure watch. It feels every bit as substantial as a Rolex Sub (similar size/class of watch) of similar size but the bracelet is more weighty with the Longines :)

Last edited:
This seems like the right place to ask, I'm after a Nylon Watch strap but most of the nes I've seen seem to bee full rather than in two halfs.

I've just found my old diesel watch I really like but need a nylon strap that can use the usual pin(?) attachments rather than what I would call a looped strap.

Any help appreciated :)

after how many years do you get it serviced? And do you have to send it to Longines directly?

Manufacturers will typically tell you every 5 years and with them directly. In practice it can usually be longer than 5 years and if you don't wear a watch everyday the oils will stay in good shape longer. Some people wait for signs of reduced accuracy before a service others stick to the book.

That watch has an eta 2824 movement which is one of the most used mechanical movements and any watchmaker will know it intimately and be able to get parts for it, to service it. So while Longines may suggest you service with them, there is no real need (when out of warranty).

Back
Top Bottom